[Corpora-List] Final Call for Participation: WAT2020 Multi-Modal and Odia-English Translation Task

Shantipriya Parida shantipriya.parida at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:36:21 CEST 2020

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Final Call for Participation: WAT2020 Multi-Modal and Odia-English Translation Task

We invite you to take part in one or both of the two following tasks organized as part of the Workshop on Asian Translation (WAT).

The aim of the “WAT 2020 Multi-Modal translation task” is to allow studies of multimodal NLP for Hindi, the world's fourth most spoken language. This is the second instance of a multimodal English-to-Hindi translation task. The task relies on “Hindi Visual Genome”, a multimodal dataset consisting of text and images suitable for English-Hindi multimodal machine translation task and multimodal research.

The second task is “Odia-English translation task”, run at WAT 2020 <https://lotus.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp/WAT/WAT2020/index.html> using the language pair Odia-English for the first time. To the best of our knowledge, it is the first English-Odia shared task ever.

Timeline:

-

Please refer to the task website.

Websites:

https://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/hindi-visual-genome/wat-2020-multimodal-task

https://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/odiencorp

Contact:

email: wat-multimodal-task at ufal.mff.cuni.cz (same contact for both tasks)

Organizers:

Shantipriya Parida, Idiap Research Institute, Martigny, Switzerland

Raj Dabre, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Japan

Ondřej Bojar, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic

Regards, Shantipriya -- Shantipriya Parida, Ph.D. Postdoctoral Researcher Idiap Research Institute Rue Marconi 19, 1920 Martigny Switzerland Mobile phone: +41768238522 <callto:+420+773+247+750> *http://www.shantipriya.me/ <http://www.shantipriya.me/>* -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 10909 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200828/9e170cc1/attachment.txt>