[Corpora-List] 19th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (TLT 2020) - Final Call for Papers

Kilian Evang kilian.evang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:19:43 CEST 2020

Final Call for Papers *19th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (TLT 2020)* * Düsseldorf, Germany*

*DATE: October 27-28, 2020SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 28, 2020*

Workshop website: https://tlt2020.phil.hhu.de Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tlt2020

The 19th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (TLT 2020) will bring together developers and users of linguistically annotated natural language corpora. COVID-19 Update

We hope to be able to hold TLT 2020 as an in-person event, which is why we have now postponed it to October 27-28 from the original date. Speakers who cannot or do not wish to attend in person will be given the option of giving their presentation as a pre-recorded video lecture. We will continue to monitor the situation. If holding the workshop in person is still not possible at the end of October, we will keep the dates but hold TLT 2020 as an online event. Submission Guidelines

TLT addresses all aspects of treebank design, development, and use. As “treebanks” we consider any pairing of natural language data (spoken, signed, or written) with annotations of linguistic structure at various levels of analysis, including, e.g., morpho-phonology, syntax, semantics, and discourse. Annotations can take any form (including trees and general graphs), but they should be encoded in a way that enables computational processing. Types of papers we expect to deal with, e.g., reflections on the design of linguistic annotations, methodological studies, resource announcements or updates, development of annotation or conversion tools, and reports on treebank usage.

We invite paper submissions in two distinct tracks:

- *Regular papers* on substantial, original, and unpublished research,

including empirical evaluation results, where appropriate; and

- *Short papers* on smaller, focused contributions, work in progress,

negative results, surveys, or opinion pieces.

All submissions will be reviewed double-blind by at least three experts in the field.

All papers accepted for presentation at the workshop will be included in the TLT 2020 proceedings volume, to be published by the Association for Computational Linguistics in the ACL Anthology <https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/>. Formats

Regular papers may consist of up to 10 pages of content (excluding references). Short papers may consist of up to 5 pages of content (excluding references).

All submissions should follow the style guidelines and use the templates created for SyntaxFest 2019, available at https://github.com/syntaxfest/syntaxfest19/blob/master/SyntaxFestStyles.zip.

Submissions of regular and short papers must be anonymous, i.e., not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references. So, e.g. “We previously showed (Zeng, 2018)…” should be avoided. Instead, use citations such as “Zeng (2018) previously showed…” Papers must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the on-line conference system:

https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tlt2020

Submissions that violate either of these requirements will be rejected without review. Important Dates

Submissions due: August 28, 2020 Notification of acceptance: September 30, 2020 Camera-ready papers due: October 13, 2020 TLT workshop: October 27-28, 2020 Organizing Committee

- Rafael Ehren, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf

- Kilian Evang, DFKI Berlin

- Laura Kallmeyer, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf

- Simon Petitjean, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf

- Djamé Seddah, Inria Paris

Invited Speakers

- Johan Bos, University of Groningen

- Miryam de Lhoneux, University of Copenhagen

Venue

The conference will be held at Haus der Universität, Schadowplatz 14, Düsseldorf, Germany <http://www.hdu.hhu.de/en.html>. Contact

In case of questions, please e-mail Kilian Evang <kilian.evang at dfki.de>. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5295 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200821/e58fa063/attachment.txt>