Tutorials Proposals for both full day (5-6 hours including breaks) and half day (2-3 hours including breaks) tutorials are invited. Due to the COVID-19 situation, tutorials will take place online, preferably on Tuesday 24th November 2020. We welcome tutorials broadcast from anywhere on Earth but the schedule should be convenient for a UK or European audience (i.e., GMT time zone).
Proposal submission Tutorial proposals should be submitted to the tutorial chair (haiming.liu at beds.ac.uk<mailto:haiming.liu at beds.ac.uk>) by Friday September 4 2020 Midnight AoE using the following template:
* Name of presenter(s): please list the names and affiliations of presenter(s).
* Title: title of the tutorial.
* Contact details: email and snail mail address, phone numbers etc.
* Type of tutorial: half day or full day.
* Delivery format: Online.
* Tutorial Abstract: for publicity.
* Target audience: please outline the practitioner audience to be addressed.
* Learning outcomes: what would the practitioners gain from attending this tutorial?
* Outline of tutorial: provide the overall structure and subjects to be presented.
* Tutorial description: provide a detailed description of the tutorial and its content.
* Tutorial logistics/materials: media and formats for tutorial. What will be provided to attendees (e.g. slides).
* Bio of presenter(s): including track record of presenting tutorials, lecturing experience etc. (200/300 words)
Selection Procedure All tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the tutorial chair and approved by the organising committee. The selection criteria will focus on the quality of the tutorial content and the appropriateness of it to the main theme of search solutions - namely practitioner issues.
Honorarium and other issues Depending on the number of attendees, presenters will receive an Honorarium. The organising committee of Search Solutions reserve the right to cancel tutorials unless a minimum of four participants have registered.
Tutorial Chair Haiming Liu, University of Bedfordshire, UK
Dr Haiming Liu PhD, PgCAP, FHEA Senior Lecturer in Computer Science and Technology School of Computer Science & Technology Faculty of Creative Arts, Technologies and Science University of Bedfordshire Park Square, Luton, LU1 3JU Office: C113 Tel: +44 (0) 1582 489168 Email: haiming.liu at beds.ac.uk<mailto:haiming.liu at beds.ac.uk> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 17305 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200818/8b373caa/attachment.txt>