[Corpora-List] PhD position in dialogue management and HRI - deadline August 16

Pierre Lison plison at ifi.uio.no
Wed Aug 12 15:05:29 CEST 2020

We offer a fully-funded PhD position at the Norwegian Computing Center (NR) in Oslo, Norway.

The position is associated with the GraphDial project (http://graphdial.nr.no) funded by the Research Council of Norway. With GraphDial, our goal is to advance the state of the art in dialogue management and human-robot interaction by investigating the use of *graphs* to represent the dialogue state. The project brings together researchers from the field of spoken dialogue systems, statistical relational learning, graph neural networks and human-robot interaction. Don't miss this opportunity if you are interested in conversational AI!

The position is fully-funded, with a fellowship period of 3 years. The candidate will be employed at the Norwegian Computing Center, but will be simultaneously affiliated to the PhD programme of the Department of Informatics at the University of Oslo, where the final PhD degree will be awarded.

We offer a competitive salary combined with attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo's family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.

Applicants must hold a Master's degree or equivalent in NLP or Artificial Intelligence or in Computer Science with a specialization in NLP/AI, with minimum grade B (ECTS grading scale) or equivalent. Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required.

To know more about the position:

https://jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/190408/phd-research-fellow-in-nat ural-language-processing

Application deadline: August 16.

Feel free to contact me (plison at nr.no) for any questions regarding this position.