[Corpora-List] 2nd CFP: Shared task on Artificial Intelligence for Legal Assistance (AILA 2020)

Parth Mehta parth.mehta126 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 20:39:05 CEST 2020

Apologies for multiple postings

------------------------------------------------------------------------- *Artificial Intelligence for Legal Assistance (AILA 2020)* Website: https://sites.google.com/view/aila-2020/

To be organized at FIRE 2020 (fire.irsi.res.in) 16 - 20 December, IDRBT, Hyderabad (Online virtual event) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artificial Intelligence for Legal Assistance (AILA) is a series of shared tasks aimed at developing datasets and methods for solving a variety of legal informatics problems. The first edition of AILA was held in conjunction with FIRE 2019 and focused on precedent and statute retrievals for a given legal scenario. This year AILA will consist of two different tasks. While we retain last year's precedent and statute retrieval task, we add a new task for rhetorical role labelling of legal documents.

*Task 1: Precedent and Statute Retrieval*

Given a query (description of a situation), identify relevant statutes and prior-cases

*Task 2: Rhetorical role labelling *

The task is to semantically segment a legal case document. More formally, it is a sentence classification task, where each sentence has to be assigned one of the 7 predefined labels or "rhetorical roles".

More details are available on the website: https://sites.google.com/view/ aila-2020/ ------------ *Timeline* ------------ *July 4 – Registrations open and Training Data Released* August 15 – Test Data Release August 30 - Run Submission Deadline September 15 - Results Declared October 5 - Working notes due December 16-20 - FIRE 2020 (Online virtual event)

Paheli Bhattacharya, IIT Kharagpur Parth Mehta, Parmonic AI Kripabandhu Ghosh, IISER Kolkata Saptarshi Ghosh, IIT Kharagpur Arindam Pal, CSIRO's Data 61, Sydney Arnab Bhattacharya, IIT Kanpur Prasenjit Majumder, DA-IICT Gandhinagar *For regular updates subscribe to our mailing list: aila-fire at googlegroups.com <aila-fire at googlegroups.com>*

Regards, Parth Mehta Co-organizer, AILA 2020 -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3305 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200802/ff5e2c28/attachment.txt>