[Corpora-List] FinNLP @ IJCAI-PRICAI-2020 Deadline Extend to 15 May, 2020

CHUNG-CHI CHEN chunji0112 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 04:02:24 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

The 2nd Workshop on Financial Technology and Natural Language Processing (FinNLP-2020) <https://sites.google.com/nlg.csie.ntu.edu.tw/finnlp2020/> will in conjunction with IJCAI-PRICAI 2020 <https://ijcai20.org/>on July 11th-13th, 2020 at Yokohama, Japan. We will follow the decision of IJCAI-2020 organizers. It will likely result in either a virtual workshop this summer, or an in-person workshop somewhere in Japan this coming winter. We will keep you updated.

To give everyone more time to prepare their submissions in the current stressful situation, the following changes were made:

*1. The submission date for papers has been moved back to 15 May 2020.*

*2. Accepted papers proceedings will be published at ACL Anthology. *

Here is the site of FinNLP-2020: https://sites.google.com/nlg.csie.ntu.edu.tw/finnlp2020/ The details of Call for Paper are shown below.

In the *main track,* we call for three kinds of paper, including *regular paper, poster paper, and demonstration paper*. There are *two shared tasks* collocated with FinNLP-2020, including “Learning Semantic Representations for the Financial Domain” (*FinSim*) and “Sentence Boundary Detection in PDF Noisy Text in the Financial Domain" (*FinSBD-2*).

*This year, we offer the prize in both the main track and shared tasks.* Main Track: We will offer USD$500 to the Best Paper Award winner Shared Task - FinSim: A USD$1000 prize will be rewarded to the best-performing teams. Shared Task - FinSBD: A USD$2000 prize will be rewarded to the best-performing teams.

If you are interested in the previous FinNLP, please refer to this page for more information: https://sites.google.com/nlg.csie.ntu.edu.tw/finnlp2020/previous-finnlp Last year, we received many interesting and high-quality works and had a good discussion during the in-person workshop. We'll keep providing a good venue for your work this year.

Welcome to join us!

Best regards, FinNLP organizers

FinNLP2020: The Second Workshop on Financial Technology and Natural Language Processing IJCAI-PRICAI 2020 Yokohama, Japan, July 11, 2020 Conference website https://sites.google.com/nlg.csie.ntu.edu.tw/finnlp2020 Submission link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=finnlp2020 Submission deadline May 15, 2020 Topics: financial technology <https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?a=24272687;tid=12624244> natural language processing <https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?tid=4044;a=24272687>

The aim of this workshop is to provide a forum where international participants can share knowledge in applying NLP to the FinTech domain. Recently, in the financial fields, FinTech is a new industry that focuses on improving financial activity with technology. Thus, the aim of this workshop is to bridge the gap between NLP researches and financial applications. With the sharing of the researchers in FinNLP, the challenging problems of blending FinTech and NLP will be identified, and the future research direction will be shaped. That can broaden the scope of this interdisciplinary research area.

There are two shared tasks collocated with FinNLP-2020, including “Learning Semantic Representations for the Financial Domain” and “Sentence Boundary Detection in PDF Noisy Text in the Financial Domain” We offer the prize for the best paper in the main track and the best-performing teams in the shared tasks. Submission Guidelines

The following paper categories are welcome:

*Regular Paper:* Papers submitted to the main track must be formatted according to IJCAI-PRICAI 2020 guidelines <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ijcai.org%2Fauthors_kit&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGQDwM5KIYO5EbXzLmY55JVEoHCrA> and must be no longer than seven pages in total: six pages for the body of the paper (including all figures), plus up to one additional page with references that do not fit within the six body pages.

*Poster and Demo: *two pages for the main text (including all figures but excluding references), and one additional page for references. List of Topics

- Text-based Market Provisioning

- NLP-based Investment Management

- Crowdfunding Analysis with Text Data

- Text-oriented Customer Preference Analysis

- Insurance Application with Textual Information

- NLP-based Know Your Customer (KYC) Approach

- Applications or Systems for FinTech with NLP Methods

Prize

- Main Track: We will offer USD$500 to the Best Paper Award winner

- Shared Task - Learning Semantic Representations for the Financial

Domain: A USD$1000 prize will be rewarded to the best-performing teams.

- Shared Task - Sentence Boundary Detection in PDF Noisy Text in the

Financial Domain: A USD$2000 prize will be rewarded to the best-performing

teams.

CommitteesProgram Committee

- Paulo Alves - Universidade Católica Portuguesa

- Alexandra Balahur - European Commission's Joint Research Centre

- Paul Buitelaar - Insight Centre for Data Analytics at NUIG

- Damir Cavar - Indiana University

- Pablo Duboue - Textualization Software Ltd.

- Jinhua Du - American International Group, Inc.

- Ismail El Maarouf - Fortia Financial Solutions

- Sira Ferradans - Independent Researcher

- Kiyoshi Izumi - The University of Tokyo

- Changliang Li - Kingsoft Corporation

- Nedim Lipka - Adobe Inc.

- Hiroki Sakaji - The University of Tokyo

- Dialekti Valsamou-Stanislawski - Fortia Financial Solutions

- Chuan-Ju Wang - Academia Sinica

- Wlodek Zadrozny - University of North Carolina in Charlotte

Workshop Organizing committee

- Hsin-Hsi Chen, Department of Computer Science and Information

Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan MOST

Joint Research Center for AI Technology and All Vista Healthcare, Taiwan

- Hiroya Takamura, Artificial Intelligence Research Center, National

Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan

- Hen-Hsen Huang, Department of Computer Science, National Chengchi

University, Taiwan

- Chung-Chi Chen, Department of Computer Science and Information

Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan

Shared Task Organizing committee

- Ismail El Maarouf, Fortia Financial Solutions

- Rémi JUGE, Fortia Financial Solutions

- Dialekti VALSAMOU-STANISLAWSKI, Fortia Financial Solutions

Venue

In conjunction with IJCAI-PRICAI 2020 <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ijcai20.org%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGKWZARWWCynjq6cYzg83hcoEqLog> @ July 11th, 2020, Yokohama, Japan Contact

All questions about submissions should be emailed to finnlp at nlg.csie.ntu.edu.tw Sponsors

MOST JOINT RESEARCH CENTER FOR AI TECHNOLOGY AND ALL VISTA HEALTHCARE, Taiwan -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 17248 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200422/8b9b3f51/attachment.txt>