[Corpora-List] [2nd CfP] LACATODA 2020 (Linguistic and Cognitive Approaches to Dialog Agents)

Michal Ptaszynski michal.ptaszynski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 09:34:03 CEST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

*** Apologies for cross-postings ***

This is Michal Ptaszynski from Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan.

Please find below the 2nd Call for Papers for LaCATODA 2020 Workshop, organized under IJCAI 2020.

We assure you that even if IJCAI does not take place "off-line", the conference itself, as well as all the workshops will take place, even if online.

Also, the improved versions of the papers from LaCATODA 2019 Workshop will be invited to a special issue of the Information Processing & Management Journal (IF: 3.892).

Best regards, -- Michal PTASZYNSKI, Ph.D., Associate Professor Department of Computer Science Kitami Institute of Technology, 165 Koen-cho, Kitami, 090-8507, Japan TEL/FAX: +81-157-26-9327 ptaszynski at cs.kitami-it.ac.jp http://arakilab.media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~ptaszynski/

====================================== The Sixth Linguistic and Cognitive Approaches to Dialog Agents (LaCATODA 2020) (IJCAI-PRICAI 2020 Workshop) http://arakilab.media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/IJCAI2020/ ======================================

Linguistic and Cognitive Approaches to Dialog Agents (LaCATODA) is a multidisciplinary workshop for researchers whose work could be useful for developing sophisticated dialog agents (we welcome both methods for achieving more natural machine-generated conversation and theoretical studies of human communication which are difficult to mimic algorithmically). By combining Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning methods with cognitive architectures or philosophy of mind, we could discover novel approaches for machines that understand us, our environment and our feelings. In this context, we see a role for NLP and cognitive science to play in developing a new generation of user- friendly, more autonomous but still safe systems which, through interaction with the user and the world, can learn how to reason, behave or speak naturally. We are interested in research tackling common sense knowledge and reasoning, affective computing, cognitive methods, learning

from broad sets of data and algorithms for knowledge and language acquisition.

* DATE & PLACE July 11-13, 2020, Pacifico Convention Plaza (Yokohama, Japan) In conjunction with IJCAI-PRICAI 2020 (The 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 17th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence) https://ijcai20.org

* RESEARCH TOPICS

- Affective computing

- Agent-based information retrieval

- Attention and focus in dialog processing

- Artificial assistants and tutors

- Common sense knowledge and reasoning

- Computational cognition

- Conversational theories

- Daily life dialog systems

- Emotional intelligence simulations

- Ethical reasoning

- Humor processing

- Language acquisition

- Machine learning for / from dialogs

- Text mining for / from dialogs

- Philosophy of interaction / communication

- Preference models

- Unlimited question answering

- User modeling

- Wisdom of Crowds approaches

- World knowledge acquisition

- Systems and approaches combining above topics

* IMPORTANT DATES - May 1, 2020

Due date for full workshop papers submission - June 1, 2020

Notification of paper acceptance to authors - July 1, 2020

Camera-ready of accepted papers - July 11-13, 2020

Workshops and Tutorials - July 14-17, 2020

Main Conference

Our sponsor will refund travel expenses for the Best Paper awardee.

* SUBMISSION We accept long (up to 10 pages), and short (up to 4 pages) papers. See the details here: http://arakilab.media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/IJCAI2020/LACATODA2020/Submission.html - Paper Submission Page https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lacatoda2020 - Formatting Instructions: https://www.ijcai.org/authors_kit

All registered papers that presented in this workshop will be submitted to WS-CUER with main conference papers, and extended versions of selected papers will be invited to the “Creative Language Processing”, special issue of the Information Processing & Management Journal.

* INVITED TALK Gniewosz Leliwa (Samurai Labs), details to be announced.

* Organizing committee Rafal Rzepka, Hokkaido University, Japan Jordi Vallverdú, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain Andre Wlodarczyk, Charles de Gaulle University, France Michal Ptaszynski, Kitami institute of Technology, Japan Pawel Dybala, Jagiellonian University, Poland

* Program Committee Members Kenji Araki (Hokkaido University, Japan) Aladdin Ayesh (De Montfort University, UK) Erik Cambria (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) Pawel Dybala (Jagiellonian University, Poland) Haris Dindo (Yewno, USA) T. Mark Ellison (University of Cologne, Germany) Jun’ichi Fukumoto (Ritsumeikan University, Japan) Ben Groetzel (Novamente, USA, Hanson Robotics, Hong Kong) Dai Hasegawa (Hokkai-gakuen University, Japan) Ryuichiro Higashinaka (NTT, Japan) Tomoya Iwakura (Fujitsu Lab, Japan) Yasutomo Kimura (Otaru University of Commerce, Japan) Pawel Lubarski (ClinWork, Poznan University of Technology, Poland) Fumito Masui (Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan) Michal Mazur (Hokkaido University, Japan) Mikolaj Morzy (Poznan University of Technology, Poland) Koji Murakami (Rakuten, USA) Noriyuki Okumura (Otemae University, Japan) Michal B. Paradowski (Warsaw University, Poland) Michal Ptaszynski (Kitami Institute of Technology) Tyson Roberts (DeepMind, UK) Koichi Sayama (Otaru University of Commerce, Japan) Maria Skeppstedt (Institute for Language and Folklore, Sweden) Marcin Skowron (Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Austria) Masato Tokuhisa (Tottori University, Japan) Yuzu Uchida (Hokkai-gakuen University, Japan) Katarzyna Wegrzyn-Wolska (Efrei/Esigetel, France) Adam Wierzbicki (Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology, Poland) Zygmunt Vetulani (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland) Motoki Yatsu (Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan)