[Corpora-List] Covert Arabic PDF to txt for corpus use

Serge Heiden slh at ens-lyon.fr
Fri Apr 10 12:47:42 CEST 2020

Hi Mai,

The PDF formats are designed for printing, not for managing words and their characters (it excels in font management and rendering). I don't know any software able to convert reliably any PDF to text in French, English or Arabic. Generally, I start with pdftotext on Linux and if it doesn't work I go to OCR.

Best, Serge