[Corpora-List] easy in use tagger for German

Serge Heiden slh at ens-lyon.fr
Tue Sep 24 22:53:07 CEST 2019

Dear Edyta,

There is also <http://lindat.mff.cuni.cz/services/udpipe> from LINDAT/CLARIN. You can use the service directly, unless it is for commercial purpose. That UDPipe service provides a simple user interface to tag, lemmatize and parse for about 60 languages, including German. (current performance for German may be lower than other tools)

If the student plans to use annotations for text analysis (concordancing, word/pos/lemma frequency lists, cooccurrents analysis, etc.) I would have also recommended TXM <http://textometrie.ens-lyon.fr/files/software/TXM/0.8.0> which is an easy to install desktop software providing a high level user interface, in which it is easy to install TreeTagger and the English and French linguistic models (since version 0.8.0), and that automatically applies TreeTagger on texts imported - but not for German, sorry (it is still cumbersome to install other TreeTagger language models into TXM, like for German, yet).

Best, Serge

Le 23/09/2019 Ó 13:53, J÷rg Knappen a Úcritá: