Call for Papers
14th edition of the International Conference on the Computational
Processing of Portuguese (PROPOR 2020)
Colégio do Espírito Santo, Evora, Portugal
March 2nd to 4th, 2020
The 14th edition of the International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese (PROPOR 2020) will be held at the Colégio do Espírito Santo in Evora (Portugal) from March 2nd to 4th, 2020.
The International Conference on Computational Processing of Portuguese (PROPOR) is the main event in the area of human language processing that is focused on theoretical and technological issues of written and spoken Portuguese. The meeting has been a very rich forum for the exchange of ideas and partnerships for the research communities dedicated to the automated processing of Portuguese, promoting the development of methodologies, resources and projects that can be shared among researchers and practitioners in the field.
We call for papers describing work on any topic related to computational language and speech processing of Portuguese by researchers in the industry or academia. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Human speech production, perception and communication
· Linguistic description and theories
· Natural language processing tasks (e.g. parsing, word sense disambiguation, coreference resolution)
· Natural language processing applications (e.g. question answering, subtitling, summarization, sentiment analysis)
· Speech technologies (e.g. spoken language generation, speech and speaker recognition, spoken language understanding)
· Speech applications (e.g. spoken language interfaces, dialogue systems, speech-to-speech translation)
· Resources, standardization and evaluation (e.g. corpora, ontologies, lexicons, grammars)
· Language and speech processing in academic disciplines
· Portuguese language variants and dialect processing (including the language varieties of Portugal, Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Angola, São Tomé, Macau or Galiza)
· Multilingual studies, methods, applications and resources including Portuguese
PROPOR 2020 will be the 14th edition of the biennial PROPOR conference, hosted alternately in Brazil and in Portugal. Past meetings were held in Lisbon, PT (1993); Curitiba, BR (1996); Porto Alegre, BR (1998); Évora, PT (1999); Atibaia, BR (2000); Faro, PT (2003); Itatiaia, BR (2006); Aveiro, PT (2008); Porto Alegre, BR (2010); Coimbra, PT (2012); São Carlos, BR (2014), Tomar, PT (2016), and Canela, BR (2018).
Submissions should describe original, unpublished work. Authors are invited to submit two kinds of papers:
· Full papers – Reporting substantial and completed work, especially those that may contribute in a significant way to the advancement of the area. Wherever appropriate, concrete evaluation results should be included. Full papers can have up to 8 content pages + 2 pages for references.
· Short papers – Reporting small, focused contributions such as ongoing work, position papers, potential ideas to be discussed, negative results, or an interesting application nugget. Short papers can have up to 4 content pages + 1 page for references.
Each submission will be evaluated by at least three reviewers. As reviewing will be double-blind, submitted papers must be anonymized, that is, they should not contain the authors’ names and affiliations. Authors must avoid self-references that reveal identity, like, “We previously showed (Smith, 1991) …”. Instead, they should prefer citations such as “Smith (1991) previously showed …”. Separate author identification information will be required as part of the submission process.
Submissions should be written in English. At submission time, only PDF format is accepted. For the final versions, authors of accepted papers will be given 1 extra content page to take the reviews into account. Authors of accepted papers will be requested to send the source files for the production of the proceedings. All submitted papers must conform to the Springer LNAI/LNCS guidelines <http://www.springer.com/de/it-informatik/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines> and use the LaTeX or MS Word stylesheets below:
· LaTeX styelesheet
· MS Word stylesheet
The URL for paper submission is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=propor2020
For submissions that have been or will be submitted to other meetings or publications, this information must be provided at submission time. If a submission is accepted, authors must notify the program chairs indicating which meeting they choose for presentation of their work. Papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere, cannot be accepted for publication or presentation.
· Full and short paper submission deadline: 7/10/2019 (GMT+1)
· Notification of paper acceptance or rejection: 25/11/2019
· Camera-ready papers due: 16/12/2019
· Conference: March 2 – 4, 2020
· João Graça <http://https//unbabel.com/blog/author/gracaunbabel/>
· Fernando Pereira <https://ai.google/research/people/author1092>
· Cícero dos Santos <https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-cicerons>
· Isabel Trancoso <https://www.l2f.inesc-id.pt/w/Isabel_Trancoso> (IST/UL; INESC-ID)
The proceedings of PROPOR 2020 will be published by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Series <http://www.springer.com/lncs>.
They will be available online. To ensure publication, at least one author of each accepted paper must complete a full registration for PROPOR 2020 by the early registration deadline.
*Previous PROPOR* proceedings on SpringerLink are available in https://link.springer.com/conference/propor
For questions about local organization, registration, logistics, etc: propor2020 [AT] <propor2020 at gmail.com>gmail.com
Sandra Aluísio & Helena Moniz -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 30289 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190916/a3434bcd/attachment.txt>