Analysis of content to measure affect and its experiences is a growing multidisciplinary research area that still has little cross-disciplinary collaboration. The artificial intelligence (AI) and computational linguistics (CL) communities are making strides in identifying and measuring affect from user signals especially in language, while the human-computer interaction (HCI) community independently explores affect through user experience evaluations. Consumer psychology and marketing pursues a different direction to ground affect in its theoretical underpinnings as well as their real-world applications.
Submit to our workshop at AAAI! It's our 3rd year and we always have the coolest speakers.
Workshop URL: https://sites.google.com/view/affcon2020
CALL FOR SHARED TASK SUBMISSIONS: There is a growing interest in understanding how humans initiate and hold conversations. The affective understanding of conversations focuses on the problem of how speakers use affect to react to a situation and to each other. We introduce the OffMyChest Conversation dataset, and invite submissions for the Computational Linguistics Affect Understanding (CL-Aff) Shared Task on Affect in Conversations.
Please see our detailed CFP!
Shared Task details: https://sites.google.com/view/affcon2020/cl-aff-shared-task
Submission Site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=affcon2020
* November 7, 2019: Abstract Submission (optional) , Submissions via EasyChair
* November 15, 2019: Full paper submission
* December 04, 2019: Notification of Acceptance/ Rejection
* December 13, 2019: AAAI-20 Early registration deadline
* December 15, 2019: Camera-ready Versions due
* February 7 or 8, 2020: Workshop at AAAI-20
Shared Task Deadlines:
Submissions are via EasyChair (prefix your submission title with "[CL-Aff Shared Task]")
* August 26, 2019 - Registration open
* September 15, 2019 - Training set released
* October 15, 2019 - Test set released
* October 20, 2019 - Abstract submission with a short system description
* November 30, 2019 - System runs due & AAAI conference early registration deadline
* December 15, 2019 - System reports (full papers) due and peer review process begins
* February 7/8, 2020: All participants present at the Workshop at AAAI-20
Niyati Chhaya (Adobe Research, nchhaya at adobe.com<mailto:nchhaya at adobe.com>),
Kokil Jaidka (University of Pennsylvania, kokil.j at gmail.com<mailto:kokil.j at gmail.com> ),
Jennifer Healey (Adobe Research, jehealey at adobe.com<mailto:jehealey at adobe.com>),
Lyle Ungar (University of Pennsylvania, ungar at cis.upenn.edu<mailto:ungar at cis.upenn.edu>),
Atanu R Sinha (Adobe Research, atr at adobe.com<mailto:atr at adobe.com>)
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 18743 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190912/fc2cf4f1/attachment.txt>