-- Second Call for Submissions --
AWARD BEST DISSERTATION - PROPOR 2020 The 14th International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese March 2-4, 2020 -- Évora, Portugal Deadline for submission: October 31, 2019 https://propor.di.uevora.pt/best-dissertation-award/
Call for Submissions
This award recognizes the best of emerging academic work on processing of Portuguese (written or spoken language), concluded in the two years preceding the submission deadline. Awards are given for:
* Best PhD Dissertation / Thesis;
* Best MSc Dissertation.
The Award Ceremony will take place during the PROPOR 2020 Conference. Information regarding PROPOR 2020 can be found at https://propor.di.uevora.pt/best-dissertation-award/.
## Submission Criteria and Procedure:
Eligible submissions are those candidates who have successfully defended their dissertations in the three years preceding the contest submission deadline. A letter from the primary dissertation advisor must be submitted with the extended abstract, stating that the candidate meets this eligibility criterion.
The dissertation must focus on some aspect of written and spoken processing of any variety of Portuguese (including the language varieties of Portugal, Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Angola, São Tomé, Macau, Timor, or Galiza). In general, any topic that falls within the scope of PROPOR call for papers is appropriate.
Each submission, consisting of a single PDF file, must comply with the following:
* Document must be in the form of an extended abstract that includes the nature of the problem to be researched, relevant theory, hypotheses to be tested, method, analysis, and indicative references [inclusion of publications, formal reports written by the the author (if any) and other academic or nonacademic results from the PhD or Master are particularly relevant and recommended];
* Extended abstract must be in English (even if the thesis is written in another language).
* Extended abstract must be submitted in PDF format, following the same style of PROPOR 2020.
* Extended abstracts are limited to 8 pages, including all figures, tables, and references and should begin with an abstract of 250 words or less.
* Extended abstract must include URLs for the PDF of the complete Thesis/Dissertation and the CV of the candidate. We suggest at the end, before references, and use of tinyurl.com for long URLs.
* In addition to the extended abstract, the PDF must also include the letter from the advisor defending its merits, justifying why it deserves to be considered for the Award and informing the relative positioning of the work submitted relative to other supervisions (e.g. the thesis is in the top 10%).
*Submission deadline is 31th October 2019*. Submissions must be sent electronically (no hard copy submissions will be accepted) to the following email: pablo.gamallo at gmail.com.
Award winners are invited to prepare a presentation of their work, according to instructions about particular format (A0 poster for poster presentation or slides for oral presentation), and their extended abstracts will be published in the proceedings of the conference (volume of LNCS Series, Springer-Verlag).
Submissions will be evaluated by an external committee. Notifications to authors will be sent on 1/12/2020.
Daniela Claro, UFBA Federal University of Bahia, Brasil Luísa Coheur, INESC-ID, Portugal Gaël Dias, Université de Caen, France Marcos Garcia, Universidade da Corunha, Galiza Patricia Martín-Rodilla, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Galiza António Teixeira, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 4965 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190904/1ea64afb/attachment.txt>