[Corpora-List] Dataset for masters thesis

Ted Pedersen tpederse at d.umn.edu
Wed Jun 26 16:01:13 CEST 2019

Hi Katharina,

Sentiment analysis is a very large area, and includes a lot of different domains (like movie reviews, political commentary, humorous language, etc.) You may want to narrow your focus to a particular sentiment problem and then it might be more clear what data could be available.

The annual Semeval event has a lot of nice sentiment oriented data sets available. One example of what you can find there is emoji prediction, which is a rather fun task:

https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/17344

That is just one example - general info about Semeval for each year (with many different tasks, some of them sentiment) is available at :

http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2019/ http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2018/ etc...

If you are feeling daring you might consider participating in a 2020 task. :) http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2020/

Best of luck, Ted --- Ted Pedersen http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse