The biennial Asia-Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference is now entering the fifth round with Seoul 2020, following upon the successes of Auckland 2012, Hong Kong 2014, Beijing 2016, and Takamatsu 2018. APCLC 2020 will be a gathering of academics and practitioners in corpus linguistics from the Asia Pacific area, where we talk about developments in the use of corpora in discourse analysis, lexical & grammatical studies, language acquisition, learning & education, lexicography, pragmatics & sociolinguistics, (machine) translation studies, and (digital) literary studies. We hope APCLC 2020 to be a forum for exchange in ideas and expertise, where we lay the foundations for future developments in the application of corpus resources in Asia and the Pacific. To this effect, we will highlight three specific areas for future development: new methods in textual data analyses; possible collaboration between academia and industry; and national corpora in Asia. Please join us in Seoul, APCLC 2020.
1. Important Dates March 18, 2019: Call for papers July 31, 2019: Deadline for abstracts September 13, 2019: Notification of acceptance September 16, 2019: Early-bird registration opens January 10, 2020: Early-bird registration closes February 10, 2020: Pre-conference workshops February 11-14, 2020: Main conference (February 14, 2020: National Corpus Day) February 15, 2020: Excursion
2. List of Topics Corpora & Discourse Analysis Corpora & Lexical Studies Corpora & Grammatical Studies Corpora & Language Acquisition, Learning & Education Corpora & Lexicography Corpora & Pragmatics Corpora & Sociolinguistics Corpora & (Machine) Translation Studies Corpora & (Digital) Literary Studies.
3. Plenary Speakers Sylviane Granger (Université Catholique de Louvain – UCLouvain, Belgium) David Hoover (New York University, USA) Mark Davies (Brigham Young University, USA) Vaclav Brezina (Lancaster University, UK) Hong Won Suh (Yonsei University, Korea)
4. Keynote Speakers Michael Barlow (University of Auckland, New Zealand) Mark Brenchley (Cambridge Assessment, UK) Winnie Cheng (Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong) Jae-Woong Choe (Korea University, Korea) Jong-Bok Kim (Kyung Hee University, Korea) Heokseung Kwon (Seoul National University, Korea) Vikram Ramanarayanan (Educational Testing Services, USA) Seok-Chae Rhee (Yonsei University, Korea) Ute Römer (Georgia State University, USA) Naixing Wei (Beihang University, China)
5. Venue The conference will be held at Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea ( http://apclc2020seoul.kr/?page_id=51)
6. Contact All questions about submissions should be emailed to apclc2020seoul at gmail.com
7. Hosted by • Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Association (APCLA) • Korean Association for Corpus Linguistics (KACL)
8. Organized by • BK21Plus Project, Department of English Language and Literature, Yonsei University • Institute of Language and Information Studies (ILIS), Yonsei University.
9. Submission Abstracts must be submitted via EasyChair ( https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=apclc2020) -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3790 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190625/2d064355/attachment.txt>