[Corpora-List] Call for participation: Dialogue breakdown detection challenge 4

Ryuichiro Higashinaka higashinaka.ryuichiro at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Jan 29 09:48:16 CET 2019

============================================================== Call for participation

DIALOGUE BREAKDOWN DETECTION CHALLENGE 4 (DBDC4) https://sites.google.com/site/dialoguebreakdowndetection4/

Following the success of DBDC3, we are please to organize DBDC4 as part of the WOCHAT workshop held in Sicily in conjunction with IWSDS2019 (https://iwsds2019.unikore.it/).

The task of dialogue breakdown detection is to detect whether the system utterance causes dialogue breakdown (a situation in a dialogue where users cannot proceed with the conversation) in a given dialogue context. The participants of this challenge will develop a dialogue breakdown detector that outputs a dialogue breakdown label (B: breakdown, PB: possible breakdown, or NB:Not a breakdown) and a distribution of these labels.

Although we acknowledge that the schedule can be rather tight, we consider DBDC4 to be a perfect opportunity for you to test your dialogue models, especially in terms of contextual understanding and natural human-computer communication.

*Schedule:

-January 29: Announcement of the challenge -Jan 29-March 28: Registration period

Registration can be done at: https://goo.gl/forms/p0av6p6k8d3D0oWB3 -March 29-April 4: Formal run

Unlabeled test data released on March 29.

Participants submit results as well as draft system description papers by April 4. -April 6: Evaluation results released and acceptance notification for system description papers

All accepted system description papers will be presented as posters.

The papers will be available online on the WOCHAT website.

In addition, high-quality submissions will be considered for inclusion in the post-IWSDS 2019 contributed book. -April 20: System description papers deadline for online proceedings -April 24-26: DBDC4 (on one of the days of IWSDS2019)

*Dataset:

Registered participants will have access to training and dev data. Evaluation data (unlabeld test data) will be distributed just before the formal run to the registered participants. We will distribute both English and Japanese datasets. A registered participant can submit up to five runs for each language. Prospective registrant can have a look at the datasets of DBDC3, which can be found at https://dbd-challenge.github.io/dbdc3/data/

*Sponsors:

We are currently looking for sponsors, who will be able to talk during our special session at IWSDS 2019. In addition, sponsors will be credited in all datasets we distribute and advertised in our WOCHAT website.

*Organizers:

-Ryuichiro Higashinaka (NTT) -Luis F. D'Haro (Technical University of Madrid) -Bayan Abu Shawar (Arab Open University) -Rafael Banchs (NTU) -Kotaro Funakoshi (Kyoto University) -Michimasa Inaba (Hiroshima City University) -Yuiko Tsunomori (NTT Docomo) -Tetsuro Takahashi (Fujitsu Laboratories, LTD) -Joao Sedoc (University of Pennsylvania)

*Contact: please send email to dbdc4-admin at googlegroups.com

-- Ryuichiro Higashinaka NTT Media Intelligence Laboratories. NTT Corp. 1-1 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka, 239-0847 Japan. phone: +81-46-859-2027 fax: +81-46-855-1054