[Corpora-List] Corpora of children's primary literacy texts by proficiency level?

Peter Crosthwaite p.cros at uq.edu.au
Mon Jan 28 21:58:49 CET 2019

(To the corpora mailing list)

I'm looking for a corpus of children's primary literacy texts, preferably organised by reading level? This would be the kind of texts, stories, narratives, letters etc that primary age children would use at school to develop their reading and literacy skills. I'm not looking for child-produced data. I'm working in the Australian context but if there is not an Australian specific-dataset (i.e. following the Australian curriculum's levelling system) then one from another English-speaking country would suffice. Would anyone happen to know if such a dataset exists?

Best,

Dr. Peter Crosthwaite, Ph.D., FHEA. Lecturer, School of Languages and Cultures, University of Queensland. Fellow: Higher Education Academy: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/ UQ researcher's profile: http://researchers.uq.edu.au/researcher/18390 See publications at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Crosthwaite Section editor for corpus linguistics at Open Linguistics (https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/opli) orcid.org/0000-0002-1482-8381, CRICOS: 00025B

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D45A42.D12AA000]

This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private or confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, you must take no action based on it, nor show a copy to anyone. Kindly notify the sender by reply email. Opinions and information in this email which do not relate to the official business of The University of Queensland shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5047 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190128/18aeb717/attachment.txt>