[Corpora-List] [CFP] Did you hear about AffCon @ AAAI-19?

#KOKIL JAIDKA# KOKI0001 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Fri Jan 11 11:54:20 CET 2019

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Workshop schedule: <https://sites.google.com/view/affcon18/home> https://sites.google.com/view/affcon19/schedule

The AffCon workshop @ AAAI and the associated CL-Aff Shared Task on Happiness is an interdisciplinary workshop to explore multimodal affect in action. Besides the many novel research paper presentations and system papers reporting on the CL-Aff Shared Task Challenge, we have stellar, award-winning keynote speakers that we're super excited about hosting. They will stick around for a heart-to-heart panel discussion at the end of the workshop, which was really fun last year.

Do sign up for our workshop on Jan 27, 2019. Spread the word, and bring your friends!

Register here: https://aaai.org/Conferences/AAAI-19/registration/

Invited Talks (details at https://sites.google.com/view/affcon2019/invited-speakers)

* Ellen Riloff (University of Utah): Identifying Affective Events and the Reasons for their Polarity. Models based on Human Need Categories can classify affective events and explain people's motivations and desires

* Alon Halevy (Megagon Labs): Affective Search: Helping Users Create Positive Experiences. Mobile apps can help users apply positive psychology through daily journals, and create positive experiences when they shop online.

* Rada Mihalcea (University of Michigan): Grounded Emotions. A combination of extrinsic features can predict the emotional state of a user.

* Lyle Ungar (University of Pennsylvania): Using Social Media Language to Understand Empathy. Social media language reveals that empathy has both 'good' (compassionate) and 'bad' (depleting) components.

Kokil Jaidka, NTU

(on behalf of)

Niyati Chhaya, Adobe Research

Lyle Ungar, University of Pennsylvania

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7456 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190111/9d0fd6b4/attachment.txt>