[Corpora-List] Adam Kilgarriff Prize: this year's winner

Michael Rundell michael.rundell at lexmasterclass.com
Tue Jan 8 21:37:10 CET 2019

(Apologies for multiple postings)

On behalf of the Trustees of the Adam Kilgarriff Prize, I am delighted to announce that the Prize for 2019 has been awarded to Matt Kohl for his hip-hop dictionary, The Right Rhymes <https://therightrhymes.com/>.

The Right Rhymes is an interactive, evidence-based dictionary, incorporating many features (such as data visualization and links to external data) which are frequently talked about in the lexicographic literature, but not so often implemented. We were all impressed by the way Matt employed current technologies and strong design skills to create such an appealing and innovative product. His dictionary - a solo project - is a model of corpus-driven lexicography.

In this, the second iteration of the Adam Kilgarriff Prize, the high quality of applications has been maintained. We received nine submissions, many of them really excellent, and the judging process was long and challenging. In the end, the Trustees agreed that Matt Kohl should be awarded the Prize - but only after several in-depth discussions.

We were impressed by all the applications, and we would like to thank the other applicants very warmly, not least for giving us the opportunity to learn more about the interesting work they are doing.

Michael Rundell Chair of the Trustees of the Adam Kilgarriff Prize http://kilgarriff.co.uk/prize/ <http://kilgarriff.co.uk/prize/> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3547 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20190108/43d1bc9a/attachment.txt>