[Corpora-List] Researcher position at Priberam Labs (Lisbon, Portugal)

Zita Marinho zitamarinho at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 15:22:33 CET 2019

*NLP/ML Researcher position at Priberam Labs, in Lisbon, Portugal*

*Priberam *is hiring for a senior *research position in NLP and ML*. Priberam (http://labs.priberam.com) is a highly-technological company based in Lisbon, Portugal. We work at bringing together Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing research to create and improve our core technology. Our main business interests lie within three vertical pillars: Health, Media Monitoring, and Legal.

We are looking for a highly motivated researcher. The candidate is expected to work in collaboration with other European/Portuguese research centers and Universities, within our research projects and advise Master and PhD students.

*Duties and responsibilities*

The selected candidate will be responsible for:

- carrying out research on various topics such as:* Neural

Summarization, Entity Linking, Named Entity Recognition, Relation

Extraction, Transfer Learning, Topic Classification*

*Profile requirements*

- PhD. in computer science, computational linguistics, NLP, ML, or

related.

- Programming skills in Java, Python or C++.

- Knowledge of deep learning architectures and frameworks (PyTorch,

Tensorflow).

- Very good communication skills.

- Prior experience in the area is a plus

* How to apply*

Please apply from our website: https://www.priberam.com/careers/.

*Starting date*

The successful candidates will start as early as possible starting from January 2020.

*About Priberam Labs*

We are a research team based in sunny Lisbon, Portugal. Priberam ( http://www.priberam.com) was created in 1989 and has partnerships within Angola, Brasil, Spain and Mozambique. Priberam is a worldwide leader Language Technology provider for Portuguese (search engines, text mining, recommender systems, spell-checking tools, online dictionaries, among others). We believe that a strong connection to the academic world is fundamental to our success. Priberam is an industrial affiliate and institutional partner within the CMU-Portugal program <https://www.cmuportugal.org/media/priberam-joins-the-list-of-cmu-portugal-program-affiliated-partners/> and a member of the Portuguese community of "IST spin-off".

Priberam Labs is currently involved in the organization of:

- LxMLS <http://lxmls.it.pt/2019/> (*Lisbon Machine Learning School*),

an annual international summer school on Machine Learning and Natural

Language Processing.

- Priberam Machine Learning Lunch Seminars

<http://labs.priberam.com/Academia-Partnerships/Seminars.aspx>, a series

of seminars on Machine Learning which occurs every two weeks.

- Master's Projects

<http://labs.priberam.com/Academia-Partnerships/Masters-Projects.aspx>,

short-term projects aimed at final year students who are jointly supervised

by Priberam Labs researchers and University professors.

For more information on our recent work, please follow our Publication list <http://labs.priberam.com/Publications.aspx>, Projects <http://labs.priberam.com/Projects.aspx> and Resources <http://labs.priberam.com/Resources.aspx>. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 8413 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20191216/68e294a7/attachment.txt>