[Corpora-List] Query: Fulbright doctoral research grants

Graham Ranger -- UAPV graham.ranger at univ-avignon.fr
Fri Dec 13 09:05:28 CET 2019

Dear List Members, This might not be the right place to post... in which case, apologies in advance. I have a highly-motivated doctoral student who is working on representations of vernacular New England American English in a late-nineteenth, early-twentieth century author, using corpus-based methodologies (and in a broadly enunciative theoretical framework). Ideally my student would like to be able to pursue research via the Fulbright doctoral programme, but to apply, the student needs a letter of invitation from a potential hosting university. I'm writing to see whether such a Visiting Student Researcher profile might interest corpus-linguistics / stylistics colleagues in the U.S. or, alternatively, to learn whether there are more official lines of application for this Visiting Student Researcher status. I'll be happy to answer more specific queries on the nature of the research, off-list to avoid overloading inboxes. Best regards, G. R. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1176 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20191213/f46e5ea2/attachment.txt>