[Corpora-List] [corpora list] Poster submission till open for Women in NLP at ICON 2019 at IIIT Hyderabad India

manjira sinha manjira87 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 08:59:56 CET 2019

Dear Researcher,

*Women in NLP (WIN) <https://sites.google.com/view/womeninnlpindia/home>* is an initiative by like minded researchers towards bridging the perceivable participation gap that exists between the genders, in research, specifically in the domain of Machine Learning and NLP. This would also serve as a platform for upcoming women scientists to network with senior women NLP researchers. Please check our members page to know more about us. https://sites.google.com/view/womeninnlpindia/members We welcome all interested women (and male ally) working in the NLP and related communities to share their journeys, seek and/or offer help and together take a pledge to boost the participation of all genders in this space

We are organising a session in the *16th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON) <https://ltrc.iiit.ac.in/icon2019/>2019 at IIIT Hyderabad, between 18-21 Dec 2019*.

*It will be an event with posters by budding women researchers followed by open house, where we are planning to invite eminent women speakers to share their experiences that would encourage more women to dream bigger. Keeping in mind, how important mental well-being is for having a successful career and a healthy life, and how sometimes it is a struggle for women trying to balance too many things, we also plan to organize a brief session by expert in the field to address and have a discussion around that. *

- *We are inviting posters from willing participants.* The main aim of

the poster session is to showcase the works and provide the much needed

exposure to the women researchers, especially young, working in the field

of NLP. Hence, the goal is to maximise the presence and we have also

arranged for any mentoring needed to make the posters more appealing. We

encourage all to submit without holding back! The submission format is

available at:

https://sites.google.com/view/womeninnlpindia/call-for-participation

- *Submission Deadline:* 12 December

- *Confirmation of Acceptance :* 15 December

- *Mentoring sessions : as required , upto conference*

- The session will be held within the main conference as part of the

ICON2019, which is a great recognition. Hence, in general the *full

conference registration fee will be applicable*. To help us to

understand the participation and any requirements/ requests to be arranged

(if possible),* please fill up the google form within 19 November,

2019. *https://forms.gle/Z7PAaBnS7hYnc2WK7

Building an online community for mentor-ship and support is also on the cards. Please join our Google and Facebook groups, and follow our Twitter handle for updates. For any queries feel free to write to us at win.icon2019 at gmail.om See you at ICON 2019!

Thanks and Regards, Manjira Sinha, Assistant Professor, IIT Kharagpur on behalf of -Women in NLP (WIN)

https://sites.google.com/view/womeninnlpindia/home Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/women_nlp -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5379 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20191207/25695065/attachment.txt>