[Corpora-List] GermEval 2020 Task 1 on the Prediction of Intellectual Ability and Personality Traits from Text: 1st Call for Participation

Vidas Daudaravičius vidas.daudaravicius at vtex.lt
Thu Dec 5 08:58:46 CET 2019

Dear sheared task organizers,

The discussion is timely and important. My highest concerns are: - Participants of any shared task need to decide whether to participate in or to discard shared task. The announcement of the shared task gives us to many ethical and organizational questions that are not explained: 2595 out of 14600 participant were selected. How they were selected? Does it produce bias? Probably, Yes. Do organizers have permissions from parents of high school students to collect data? - And Yes, we are afraid of being ranked like in 1984 novel. It raises much more concerns than Native language Identification shared task. It is good to have discussions/proposals in advance for shared tasks that might have Ethical issues. Explanations on Transparency, Privacy and Ethics issues would help participants and other interested researcher not to be so emotional and critical.

All the best with organizing shared task,

Vidas Daudaravicius