- Submission deadline: May 8 (Friday), 2020 (11:59pm PST)
- Notification of acceptance: June 20 (Saturday), 2020
- Submission of camera ready copies: June 26 (Friday), 2020
- COLING 2020: September 15-18, 2020
INVITATION FOR SUBMISSION
The COLING 2020 Demonstration Program Committee invites proposals for system demonstrations. The demonstration program is part of the main conference program and aims at showcasing working systems that address a wide range of conference topics. The session will provide opportunities to exchange ideas gained from practical implementation of NLP systems, and to obtain feedback from expert users.
COLING 2020 will be held at (TBA), Barcelona, Spain, from 13th to 18th of September, 2020.
The COLING conference has a history that dates back to the 1960s. It is held every two years and regularly attracts more than 700 delegates. The conference has developed into one of the premier Computational Linguistics (CL) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) conferences worldwide and is a major international event for the presentation of new research results and for the demonstration of new systems and techniques in the broad field of CL and NLP. TOPICS OF INTEREST
COLING 2018 solicits demonstrations on original and unpublished research on topics, including, but not limited to:
- Pragmatics, discourse, semantics, syntax, grammar and lexicon;
- Lexical semantics and ontologies;
- Word segmentation, tagging and chunking;
- Parsing, syntactic and semantic;
- Paraphrasing and textual entailment;
- Modelling of discourse, machine reading;
- Generation and Summarization;
- Information extraction and knowledge base linking;
- Question answering, information retrieval;
- Multimodal & natural language interfaces, dialogue system and chat bot;
- Multilingual processing, machine translation and translation aids;
- Sentiment analysis, opinion mining and social media;
- Speech recognition, text-to-speech and spoken language understanding;
- Models of communication by language, computational argumentation;
- NLP tools, applications, and language resources;
- System evaluation methodology and metrics;
- Machine learning for natural language processing;
- Cognitive, mathematical and computational models of language
The submissions should address the following questions:
- What problem does the proposed system address?
- Why is the system important and what is its impact?
- What is the novel in the approach/technology on which this system is
- Who is the target audience?
- How does the system work?
- How does it compare with existing systems?
- How is the system licensed?
The maximum submission length is 4 pages (plus up to 1 additional page only for references). Papers must be submitted in English and must conform to the official COLING 2020 templates available from the link below. The anonymization of submissions is optional. If authors choose to remain anonymous, it is their responsibility to take every measure to conceal potentially identifying information.
Download the official COLING 2020 MS Word and LaTeX templates here: https://coling2020.org/coling2020.zip
Submission and reviewing will be managed in the START system: http://www.softconf.com/coling2020/demos
The only acceptable format for submissions is PDF. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings within a separate volume dedicated to demonstration systems. DEMO SESSION CHAIRS
- Michal Ptaszynski, Kitami Institute of Technology
- Bartosz Ziolko, Techmo -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 10431 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20191203/b2d32d05/attachment.txt>