[Corpora-List] Post-Doc in Automatic Speech Recognition, University of Malta

Albert Gatt albert.gatt at um.edu.mt
Tue Sep 25 13:45:08 CEST 2018

Full-time postdoctoral fellowship in Speech Recognition (18 months)

Institute of Linguistics and Language Technology, University of Malta

Start date: January 2019

The Institute of Linguistics and Language Technology at the University of Malta is about to embark on a project called MASRI (MAltese Automatic Speech Recognition), the aim of which is to develop a speech recognition system for the Maltese language. The project is funded by the University of Malta Research Awards. The project has a vacancy for a post-doctoral researcher to join the team for 18 months (the position is referred to as a Research Support Officer III under the terms of employment at UM). Details of the post and instructions on how to apply are available from the link below:

http://staff.um.edu.mt/albert.gatt/masri.pdf

The researcher engaged for this project will be responsible for the execution of the main tasks related to MASRI. The challenges in the project include the fact that Maltese is a low-resource language.

Prior experience in speech recognition research is a must, and we have highlighted a number of important themes and skills that we are looking for in the call above. In particular, we are seeking individuals with a proven track record in research and excellent programming skills, with a sound working knowledge of deep learning techniques.

Inquiries can be made to Andrea DeMarco (andrea.demarco at um.edu.mt) or Albert Gatt (albert.gatt at um.edu.mt)

-- Albert Gatt Institute of Linguistics and Language Technology University of Malta http://staff.um.edu.mt/albert.gatt/ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3309 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180925/1b47caf6/attachment.txt>