[Corpora-List] CFP: ACH 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA

Mon Sep 17 15:49:17 CEST 2018

Dear all (with apologies for cross-posting)

Dear colleagues,

The Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH) <http://ach.org/> is pleased to announce this Call for Proposals for ACH 2019 <http://ach2019.ach.org/>, to be held in Pittsburgh, PA, July 23-26. The conference will be hosted by Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University, and the University of Pittsburgh.

Please note in the CFP the “Suggested Proposal Types and Duration” details as well. We are keen to see a diverse conference which covers a range of approaches to computers and humanistic inquiry -- which includes many of our research interests.

Some areas of engagement for the proposals include but are not limited to:

* Computational and digital approaches to research and pedagogy;

* Digital media, art, literature, history, music, film, and games;

* Digital librarianship;

* Digital humanities tools and infrastructures;

* Humanistic research on digital objects and cultures;

* Knowledge infrastructures;

* Physical computing;

* Resource creation, curation, and engagement;

* Use of digital technologies to write, publish, and review scholarship. ACH recognizes that this work is inherently and inextricably sociopolitical, and thus additionally, but not exclusively, welcomes scholarship that emphasizes social justice through the use of computers and related technologies in the study of humanistic subjects.

CFP details: http://ach2019.ach.org/cfp/cfp-call-for-participation-en/ (with options for access in Spanish and French; please contact us if you are interested in translating this into other languages)

*Deadline for the CFP:* *Nov. 10, 2018. *All submissions must go through https://www.conftool.org/ach2019/.

We look forward to reading your proposals.

yours, Heather Froehlich (on behalf of the Programming Committee)

-- Dr Heather Froehlich

w // http://hfroehli.ch t // @heatherfro -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2717 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180917/4326f808/attachment.txt>