[Corpora-List] REMINDER – Please support the HUMAN LANGUAGE PROJECT as a EU FET Flagship Initiative

Georg Rehm georg.rehm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:03:08 CEST 2018

Dear all,

today I’m reaching out to you because of a new European activity. We’re currently trying to get the HUMAN LANGUAGE PROJECT as one of the next EU FET Flagship initiatives. A EU Flagship is a ten-year research programme with a total budget of approx. 1 billion €.

If you're involved with Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Conversational Technologies, Knowledge-Based Systems, Knowledge Graphs, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning or related fields etc. in any way, shape or form, please send us a Letter of Support – as many letters as possible from all stakeholder groups are needed (research, industry, politics).

Our website http://human-language-project.eu provides a few more details on the vision of the HUMAN LANGUAGE PROJECT and on our preparatory project called “HLP Prep”, for which we are currently finalising the stage 2 proposal. Earlier this year, stage 1 was evaluated positively.

A Letter of Support template is available at http://human-language-project.eu/support. The deadline for sending in letters is 14 September.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards, Georg

-- Dr. Georg Rehm DFKI GmbH, Alt-Moabit 91c, 10559 Berlin, Germany http://www.dfki.de phone: +49-30-3949-1833 (fax: -1810) ------------------------------------------------ Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313