[Corpora-List] Job opportunity (French, Spanish, Chinese)

Katya Saint-Amand katya at chenope.com
Fri Oct 26 11:43:03 CEST 2018

Chenope is hiring language consultants for special purpose contractor positions in Edinburgh, Scotland, or remote, for the month of November (or November-December). While the current opportunity is temporary/one-off, we're always on the lookout to hire permanently smart individuals who have the potential to make significant contributions.

If you join our team, you will work on analysing textual data as part of a multi-faceted analysis product whose goal is to predict behaviour related to large corporations. In particular, the domain of work is Human Capital Management, and the product we're building is based on topic-sentiment analysis.

We are, unusually, a 100% employee-owned startup; we are growing our business based on actual paying customers. This means that while we can't afford very generous remuneration for the task, there is an opportunity to get hands-on experience at a start-up that lives from differentiating technology.

Desired Qualifications:

- Native speaker language competence in one or more of the following languages:

    Spanish

    French

    Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)

- Experience in Linguistics/Computational Linguistics (ontology development,

  grammar engineering, ability to abstract over language data) strongly

  preferred.

- Experience in Human Capital Management is a big plus.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a freelance opportunity so applicants need to have the necessary work authorisation. While preferrably the candidates will be based in Edinburgh, we're open to remote applications.

-- Katya Saint-Amand Senior Linguist, Chenope Ltd katya at chenope.com www.chenope.com