[Corpora-List] Info on workshops for corpus tools/digital humanities

evalacroix at free.fr evalacroix at free.fr
Wed Oct 24 17:34:29 CEST 2018

Dear Mai, post found & Facebook group "CorpusCALL":

Hi everyone, here's a link to a fully online SPOC for Data-Driven Learning that anyone can now sign up to.

https://edge.edx.org/courses/course-v1:UQx+SLATx+2018_S2/about?fbclid=IwAR2etfdR0y8ucK5wLG2G0_9bTx0IX0xr1bTki-6HCioVi2KZgmrqlSl5rkM

It focuses on L2 writing and error correction mainly, with some focus as to disciplinary differences as well, primarily using BAWE and SketchEngine Open. While the course assessments are currently set up on the platform for University of Queensland users only, non-UQ users may feel free to e-mail their assessment submissions instead. We hope everyone finds it useful!

To cite: Crosthwaite, P. (2018, June 8th). Scaling up DDL: Challenges of bringing DDL to an online SPOC format. Paper presented at 2nd BAAL Corpus Linguistics SIG event 2018: New Directions in DDL.

Best wishes, Eva

----- Mail original -----

De: "Mai" <maizaki at gmail.com> À: corpora at uib.no Envoyé: Mercredi 24 Octobre 2018 09:33:25 Objet: [Corpora-List] Info on workshops for corpus tools/digital humanities

Dear all,

I am looking for any information on workshops or training courses (on site and online) which are regularly offered for non-technical researchers interested in various corpus tools and digital humanities projects (and especially for corpus stylistics). The languages involved are English and Arabic.

Thanks a lot,

Mai Zaki