[Corpora-List] ACL 2019: Please help us recruit the best reviewers, area chairs, and invited speakers!

information retrieval informationretrieval684 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:52:48 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thank you very much for seeking nominations in different categories for ACL 2019 from computational linguistic community. The initiative is highly appreciated. Last year, the community (especially ACL members) had received similar kind of request. I assume most of the ACL members had responded to the requests and send their nominations. However, we are not aware what had happened after the sending the nominations. Were the Reviewers, Area Chairs and Senior Area Chairs selected for ACL 2018 based on the number of nominations each candidates received? OR organizers finalized the list based on their preferences?

So, this year I am bit curious about the overall process. To be precise, it would be nice to know how organizer will finalize their final list for the following categories : Reviewers, Area Chairs, Senior Area Chairs, and Invited Speakers from the nominated names by the community. OR the sole motto of this email is to build a database of names for potential Reviewers, Area Chairs, Senior Area Chairs, and Invited Speakers. After building the database, the organizers will choose according to their preference. If it so, then I guess crawling the list of authors of accepted papers in previous ACL and affiliated conferences would be mush easier.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards, A. Ridel