[Corpora-List] new publication: An Academic Word List of Modern Arabic

Abu Fahad salehosaimi at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 12:10:51 CEST 2018

Dear list members, sorry for cross-posting

Abdulmohsen Al-Thubaity and I (Saleh Al-Osaimi) are happy to announcethe forthcoming publication of our co-authored paper: Building an Academic WordList of Modern Arabic: a Corpus-based Study. (in Arabic). This will appear in:Journal of Shari'ah Sciences and The Arabic Language. Princess Nourah BintAbdulrahman University.

The URL of the journal: http://www.pnu.edu.sa/arr/Deanships/Research/Shariah-Arabic/Pages/About/Editor.aspx

The list includes 741 words of written Arabic academic fields. To ourbest knowledge, this is the first list an Arabic using corpora.

Saleh Al-osaimi

AssociateProfessor of Education & Applied Linguistics

Institute ofTeaching Arabic

Al-Imam MohammedBin Saud Islamic University

Saudi Arabia

https://imamu.academia.edu/SalehAlOsaimi

"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that."

Norman Vincent Peale

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6746 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20181015/68c9bd7e/attachment.txt>