[Corpora-List] Job opening: Research Associate in Machine Translation, University of Sheffield

Lucia Specia lspecia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 18:06:02 CET 2018

*Contract Type: *Fixed-term until 30 December 2021

*Applications*: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BOF837/research-associate-in-machine-translation

*Salary*: 31,302 to 39,609 per annum

We are seeking a Research Associate to work in Machine Translation, as part of the European Commission project Bergamot (Browser-based Multilingual Translation), which is coordinated by the University of Edinburgh (UK) and has the University of Sheffield (UK), University of Tartu (Estonia), Charles University (Prague) and Mozilla (Denmark) as partners. Bergamot is a Research and Innovation Action (RIA) that responds to action line on “Domain-specific/challenge-oriented Human Language Technology”, under the topic “A multilingual Next Generation Internet”. You will be expected to lead the design and development of strategies to guide neural machine translation models to generate adequate translations, as well as to contribute to the design and development of quality estimation approaches for end-users of in-browser translation. For both lines of research, you will build on state of the art approaches based on deep learning.

This is an opportunity to work in a well-connected international team with world-leading reputations in the Natural Language Processing (NLP) research group at the University of Sheffield. The NLP group is well known internationally for its research, and is one of the largest research groups in computational linguistics and text engineering in the UK.

This post offers excellent opportunities for publications, project visits and conference trips. Candidates must have a PhD (or be close to completion) or have equivalent work experience and a strong publication record. Solid knowledge of Machine Translation, Deep Learning and Quality Estimation is required, as is excellent programming skills in Python and deep learning frameworks (esp. Keras, TensorFlow or PyTorch).

We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.

We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience. For information questions, send me an email: l.specia at sheffield.ac.uk

-- Lucia www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~lucia/ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3118 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20181115/4b2009c6/attachment.txt>