[Corpora-List] The Prime Machine free concordancer for DDL/UG linguistic research (English)

Steve Jeaco steve.jeaco at xjtlu.edu.cn
Thu May 31 13:55:10 CEST 2018

Hi,

Sorry to hear some people have had difficulty connecting.

I've emailed directly in response and I hope we can resolve connection issues.

I can confirm I'm able to connect from outside right now, and normal ping or isitdownrightnow checks won't show if there is a connection problem (the server doesn't respond to those requests).

Thank you for your interest and for your patience. It could be I need to make some adjustments to cater to a wider range of set-ups.

Best wishes,

Stephen ________________________________________ From: Ciarán Ó Duibhín [coduibhin at btinternet.com] Sent: 31 May 2018 19:07 To: Steve Jeaco Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] The Prime Machine free concordancer for DDL/UG linguistic research (English)

Hi,

All four alternative servers appear to be permanently down, see attachment, a screenshot from http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ .

Ciarán Ó Duibhín.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Jeaco" <steve.jeaco at xjtlu.edu.cn> To: <Corpora at uib.no> Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 9:59 AM Subject: [Corpora-List] The Prime Machine free concordancer for DDL/UG linguistic research (English)

Dear All,

Those working with language learners and linguistics/English majors may be interested to know that The Prime Machine has now been publically released.

It is a learner-friendly Windows app, drawing on ready-made online corpora or small DIY corpora.

[SNIP]