The European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA), a company specialised in Human Language Technologies within an international context is currently seeking to fill an immediate vacancy for a permanent *Web Developer* position.
Under the supervision of the technical department manager, the responsibilities of the Web Developer consist in designing and developing web applications and software tools for linguistic data management. Some of these software developments are carried out within the framework of European research and development projects and are published as free software. Depending on the profile, the Web Developer could also participate in the maintenance and upgrading of the current linguistic data processing toolchains, while being hands-on whenever required by the language resource production and management team.
* Bachelor of Science (BAC + 3 / BAC + 4) in Computer Science or a
* Proficiency in Python (at least 3 years of experience)
* Hands-on experience in Django
* Hands-on knowledge of a distributed version control system (Git
* Knowledge of SQL and of RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)
* Basic knowledge of Linux shell scripting
* Practice of free software
* Experience in natural language processing is a strong plus
* Proficiency in French and English, with writing and documentation
skills in both languages
* Curious, dynamic and communicative, flexible to work on different
tasks in parallel
* Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The position is based in Paris.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits: complementary medical insurance; meal vouchers.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to:
ELDA 9, rue des Cordelières 75013 Paris FRANCE Mail : job at elda.org
ELDA is acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
For further information about ELDA/ELRA, visit: http://www.elra.info
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3742 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180525/ac02a56d/attachment.txt>