[Corpora-List] FEVER: The First Workshop on Fact Extraction and Verification at EMNLP 2018

Andreas Vlachos a.vlachos at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri May 25 16:34:14 CEST 2018

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

*Website*: http://fever.ai/workshop.html

*Motivation:* With billions of individual pages on the web providing information on almost every conceivable topic, we should have the ability to collect facts that answer almost every conceivable question. However, only a small fraction of this information is contained in structured sources (Wikidata, Freebase, etc.) – we are therefore limited by our ability to transform free-form text to structured knowledge. There is, however, another problem that has become the focus of a lot of recent research and media coverage: false information coming from unreliable sources.

In an effort to jointly address both problems, herein we are organizing a workshop promoting research in joint Fact Extraction and VERification (FEVER). We aim for FEVER to be a long-term venue for work in verifiable knowledge extraction and to stimulate progress in this direction, we will also host the FEVER shared task (http://fever.ai/task.html), an information verification task based on a recently released dataset consisting of 220K claims verified against Wikipedia (Thorne et al., NAACL 2018).

The workshop will consist of oral and poster presentation of submitted papers including papers from the shared task participants, panel discussions and presentations by the following invited speakers: - Luna Dong (Amazon) - Marie-Francine Moens (KU Leuven) - Delip Rao (Joostware AI Research, Johns Hopkins University, Fake News Challenge) - Sebastian Riedel (University College London, Bloomsbury AI)

*Submissions:* We invite long and short papers on all topics related to fact extraction and verification, including:

- Information Extraction - Semantic Parsing - Knowledge Base Population - Natural Language Inference - Textual Entailment Recognition - Argumentation Mining - Machine Reading and Comprehension - Claim Validation/Fact checking - Question Answering - Theorem Proving - Stance detection

Long/short papers should consist of eight/four pages of content plus unlimited pages for bibliography. Submissions must be in PDF format, anonymized for review, and follow the EMNLP 2018 two-column format, using the LaTeX style files or Word templates to be provided on the official EMNLP 2018 website.

Authors can also submit extended abstracts of up to eight pages of content. Add “(EXTENDED ABSTRACT)” to the title of an extended abstract submission. Extended abstracts will be presented as talks or posters if selected by the program committee, but not included in the proceedings. Thus, your work will retain the status of being unpublished and later submission at another venue is not precluded.

Previously published work can also be submitted as an extended abstract in the same way, with the additional requirement to state on the first page the original publication.

*Softconf submission link*: https://www.softconf.com/emnlp2018/FEVER

Thanks, The organizers: - Christos Christodoulopoulos (Amazon Research Cambridge) - Oana Cocarascu (Imperial College London) - Arpit Mittal (Amazon Research Cambridge) - James Thorne (University of Sheffield) - Andreas Vlachos (University of Sheffield) -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3962 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180525/2631e0e4/attachment.txt>