[Corpora-List] Student contest: 2018 Babel Young Writers' Competition

Tristan Miller miller at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 22 09:20:50 CEST 2018

Dear all,

Below is a call for submissions to our magazine's annual contest for student writers. Contributions from undergraduate students of computational linguistics are most welcome.

Sincerely, Tristan Miller Babel Advisory Panel

-------------

This year, Babel: The Language Magazine <http://babelzine.com/> will be running the fifth edition of our Young Writers' Competition, which encourages young linguists starting out on their study of language. We will be publishing two articles, one by a 16–18-year-old writer and one by an undergraduate student. Both articles will appear in Babel № 25, published November 2018. If you are a keen Babel reader or language lover, get writing to be in with a chance to get yourself published – as well as a free subscription to Babel!

Visit <http://babelzine.com/events.html> to get inspiration from previous winners on topics ranging from sign language to spoonerisms, and from Romansch to Konglish.

The winners will be announced in October 2018. Good luck!

Guidelines ----------

Deadline: Friday 24 August 2018

Length: Entries must be no more than 2,500 words.

Topic: Entries can deal with any topic relating to languages and linguistics – the important thing is that it is interesting and accessible for readers.

Format: Entries should be clearly presented in a Word file, with images submitted as separate JPEGs (or similar).

Submission: Entries should be emailed to editors at babelzine.com with the title "16–18 Competition" or "Undergraduate Competition".

16–18 Competition entrants must provide details of their institution and a teacher.

Undergraduate Competition winners must submit their entries from their university email address and must provide contact details of a teacher.

-- Tristan Miller, Research Scientist Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA) Department of Computer Science, Technische Universitšt Darmstadt Tel: +49 6151 162 5296 | Web: https://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: signature.asc Type: application/pgp-signature Size: 833 bytes Desc: OpenPGP digital signature URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180522/162e3dfc/attachment.sig>