[Corpora-List] Call for Participation: Shared Task on Automatic Misogyny Identification at Evalita 2018

Fersini Elisabetta fersiniel at disco.unimib.it
Tue May 15 19:58:53 CEST 2018

--------------------------------------------- First Call for Participation ----------------------------------------------

*EVALITA 2018*

Task: *Automatic Misogyny Identification*

Webpage: https://amievalita2018.wordpress.com

12th or 13th December 2018, Turin, Italy

After AMI at Ibereval, where Spanish and English were addressed for the identification of misogynous content in Twitter, at AMI at EvalIta we will address potential misogynous content in Italian and English (on a bigger Twitter corpus).

Misogyny, as a form of hate against women, is typically presented in different forms such as threats of violence and sexual objectification. While misogyny has been historically analysed from a psychological and sociological points of view, its study from a computational perspective still needs to be explored from a Machine Learning and Computational Linguistics perspective.

The AMI shared task is organized according to two main sub-tasks:

*Subtask A - Misogyny Identification: discrimination of misogynist contents from the non-misogynist ones;

*Subtask B - Misogynistic Behaviour and Target Classification: recognition of the targets that can be either specific users or groups of women together with the identification of the type of misogyny against women.

In the training phase, the participants will be provided with the *AMI* training corpus manually annotated. The English corpus previously released for AMI at Ibereval has been enlarged with additional training examples. The Italian corpus is the first release concerned with this problem. For the evaluation of the teams, the unlabelled test data will be released. After the assessment, the labels for the test sets will be given.

We cordially invite all researchers and practitioners from all fields to participate in this task. Although we suggest to participate in both languages, it is possible to take part only in Italian or English. We also invite the participants to subscribe to our Google Group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/amievalita2018 in order to be kept up to date with the latest news related to the task.

---------------------------------------------- Important Dates ----------------------------------------------

28 May 2018: Release of training data (training period starts)

3 September 2018: registration closes (http://www.evalita.it/2018/registration)

17 September 2018: Release of test data

23 September 2018: Systems results due to organizers

1 October 2018: Results notification to participants

15 October 2018: Submission of the working notes to organizers

25 October 2018: Reviews to participants (peer-reviews)

5 November 2018: Camera ready

12 or 13 December 2018: Workshop

Elisabetta Fersini, University of Milano-Bicocca (fersini at disco.unimib.it<mailto:fersini at disco.unimib.it>) [Primary Contact]

Maria Anzovino, University of Milano-Bicocca

Paolo Rosso, Universitat Politècnica de Valencia

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 4593 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180515/8b08af67/attachment.txt>