[Corpora-List] [CFP] RevOpiD-2018: Last Call for Papers and Participation in the Shared Task

Anil Singh anil.phdcl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 10:50:19 CET 2018

*ACM Hypertext-2018 Workshop on Opinion Mining, Summarization and Diversification*

*Last Call for Papers*

*And Last Call for Participation in the Shared Task*

*Website: https://sites.google.com/view/revopid-2018 <https://sites.google.com/view/revopid-2018>*

*Contact email: aksingh.cse at iitbhu.ac.in <aksingh.cse at iitbhu.ac.in>*

*Extended Shared Task System Submission Deadline: April 5, 2018*

*Extended Research Paper Submission Deadline: April 20, 2018*

*NEWS: Selected papers will be considered for publication in a volume of Springer's **Lecture Notes in Social Networks* <https://www.springer.com/series/8768>

This workshop aims at uncovering diverse perspectives to defining opinions. How can opinions be better summarized on online forums, in web search results or elsewhere? What relationships can be mapped between exchange of opinions on the web? We invite submissions on all such relatively unexplored dynamics of opinion mining and modeling.

Through a workshop on Opinion Mining, Summarization and Diversification, we aim to cover the following themes, around which we invite submissions, in the form of original work and progress reports:

* Review Opinion Diversification

* Opinion Modeling techniques

* Text and Sentiment Summarization

* Opinion summarization in ranking

* Exchange of opinions as network graphs

* Joint Topic Sentiment Modeling

* Phrase Embeddings

* Sentiment Normalization on a relative scale

* Paraphrase detection in opinionated text

* Factors affecting likeability of online reviews

* Fake review detection

* Sarcasm detection in online reviews

* Bias propagation on online forums

* Evaluation of opinion diversity

* Evaluation of representativeness and diversity in ranking

* Knowledge Representation methods for opinions

*Shared Task*

As part of the workshop, we will also be hosting a shared task on Review Opinion Diversification. The shared task aims to identify opinions from online product reviews. By identification of opinions, we don’t just mean string matching with a predefined list. Instead, we reward two systems equally whether they recognize ‘this product is cost-effective’ as an opinion or, instead, ‘this product is inexpensive’ or ‘this product is worth the money.’ We have an annotated dataset of 80+ products, with more than 10,000 reviews in totality, each review being labelled with its constituent opinions in the form of one opinion matrix per product.

*Subtask A*

A supervised task to predict the helpfulness rating of product reviews based on review text. For a review which 3 users rated as helpful and 2 users found not-helpful, will be 3/5.

*Subtask B*

Subtask B judges a system on its ability to tell whether a given review R1 contains a given opinion O1 or not. While R1 can be easily identified by its Reviewer ID, opinions are not labeled with words. Instead, they are identified by the other reviews that they appear in. Therefore, we ask the participants to provide an opinion matrix as output, which we will evaluate using several metrics.

*Subtask C*

This subtask aims at producing, for each product, top-k reviews from a set of reviews such that the selected top-*k* reviews act as a summary of all the opinions expressed in the reviews set.

*Data and Resources*

The training, development and test data has been extracted and annotated from Amazon SNAP Review Dataset and will be available after registration.

*Invitation*

We invite participation from all researchers and practitioners. The organizers rely, as is usual in shared tasks, on the honesty of all participants who might have some prior knowledge of part of the data that will eventually be used for evaluation, not to unfairly use such knowledge. The only exceptions (to participation) are the members of the organizing team, who cannot submit a system. The organizing chair will serve as an authority to resolve any disputes concerning ethical issues or completeness of system descriptions.

*Publication*

Accepted papers will be published and the ACM Digital Library. *Selected papers out of these (after another round of review) will be considered for publication in a volume of Springer’s Lecture Notes in Social Networks.*

*Timeline*

*Research Papers*

Paper Submission Deadline: *April 20, 2018*

Notification of Acceptance: May 10, 2018

Camera-Ready Deadline: May 19, 2018

Conference Dates: July 9-12, 2018

*Shared Task*

Registration open: January 26, 2018

Release of Training Data: January 28, 2018

Registration Ends: March 8, 2018

Release of Test Set: March 21, 2018

Submission of Systems: *April 5, 2018*

System Results: April 15, 2018

System Description Paper Due: *April 25, 2018*

See https://sites.google.com/view/revopid-2018 for more information. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 27233 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180324/d0059ff9/attachment.txt>