[Corpora-List] Urdu-Hindi Transliteration corpora

Shahzad Khan shahzad at gnowit.com
Sat Mar 17 18:15:22 CET 2018

Hi Nick, Around 10 years ago, I worked some with students to develop a rule based English to Urdu translation system (the input was in English and the output was in Urdu phonetically transliterated to English -- this was meant as an input for a text-to-speech system to help illiterate people access wikipedia etc).

If this is useful for you, I can try and dig it up -- the paper and code is somewhere in my archives. It was implemented in Java.

Perhaps you could use this to seed and/or bootstrap some examples ?

- Shahzad