[Corpora-List] 2 internships for (computational) linguists at Nuance

Dirix, Peter peter.dirix at nuance.com
Tue Mar 13 09:11:12 CET 2018

COMPANY OVERVIEW

Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, with its headquarters in Burlington, Mass.

At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.

Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.

Join our Mobile team...; intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart "things".

JOB SUMMARY

The Dragon Research Language Modeling Linguistics team is looking for two interns, native speakers of resp. English (with EU citizenship) and German. As an intern, you will be responsible for cleaning up our pronunciation dictionaries of English or German, i.e.:

- Creating manual pronunciations (4-8 hours/week) - Cleaning up semantic attributes which are used for adding words to specific products - Detecting and removing inconsistencies in orthography and pronunciation - Removing automatically added and unverified entries using heuristics - Reviewing field data and helping out with lexical bug fixing

REQUIREMENTS

- Bachelor in linguistics or computational linguistics - Basic knowledge of phonetics and phonology of English/German - (Near-)native knowledge of English or German [knowledge of other languages is a plus] - Basic working knowledge of Linux - Good scripting skills for text file manipulation, including regular expressions (Python or Perl) - Ability to do multitasking

INFORMATION

Location:

Nuance Merelbeke office (near Ghent, Belgium)

Application deadline:

March 23, 2018. Interviews will take place via Skype.

Start and duration:

Starting May 1 or later Duration: 4-6 months

Remuneration:

About 1600 EUR/month

If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your resume and a motivation letter to peter.dirix at nuance.com<mailto:peter.dirix at nuance.com>.

Peter Dirix Manager of Linguistic Engineering, Corporate Research NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS bvba Guldensporenpark 32, B-9820 Merelbeke, Belgium Tel. +32 490 111151 (cell phone) This e-mail and its attachments are confidential information of Nuance Inc.

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 14158 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180313/789ffa57/attachment.txt>