[Corpora-List] Adam Kilgarriff Memorial Hike

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Sat Jun 23 11:53:40 CEST 2018

Dear all,

The Euralex Conference in Ljubljana coincides with the 5th anniversary of our last hike with our dear friend and inspiring colleague Adam Kilgarriff which we did just before driving together to the Euralex conference in Bolzano (15-19 July 2014). We hiked to the summit of Grintovec (2558 m), a strenuous hike even for experienced mountaineers, which Adam climbed in his sandals. Not only did he reach the summit first, he also offered to carry our backpack! I don’t remember ever seeing him happier than on that mountain.

The Slovene Language Technologies Society has been organizing a hike in Adam’s memory since then. On this occasion, we wish to invite everyone who is in or near Ljubljana to join us on a beautiful hike to the Slovenian Alps we are certain Adam would have loved.

The first part of the hike is easy, with lots of beautiful vistas, a tunnel and a mountain hut with great food. If you want a more challenging hike, you can also choose to continue all the way to the top of Begunjšica, a summit over 2000 meters above sea level. The transportation from Ljubljana to the Ljubelj Pass and back is kindly sponsored by Lexical Computing. Please bring your own drinks and food (can also be purchased at the hut). In order to be able to organize the hike safely, registration is required. The hike is family friendly and everyone is welcome but please register each hiker separately.

The description of the hike is here: http://euralex2018.cjvt.si/programme/the-2018-adam-kilgarriff-memorial-hike/ The registration form is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Go-AmqI93OOspPiz71pSC6v0dVfw7egKCtyjZKjkBxE/edit

Best,

Darja Fišer — Univerza v Ljubljani Filozofska fakulteta doc. dr. Darja Fišer, Assistant Professor http://lojze.lugos.si/darja/

Oddelek za prevajalstvo / Department of translation

Filozofska fakulteta / Faculty of arts

Aškerčeva cesta 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija / Slovenia

darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si<mailto:darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si>, www.ff.uni-lj.si<http://www.ff.uni-lj.si>

[cid:C08C5670-010D-4B4A-A66A-800ABCD8FB2F at t-2.net]<http://www.uni-lj.si>

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 11749 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180623/e030bdae/attachment.txt> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: logo_UL.gif Type: image/gif Size: 3121 bytes Desc: logo_UL.gif URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180623/e030bdae/attachment.gif>