Please note the attached call for applications for a tenure-track position in Digital Humanities at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Best wishes, Eitan Grossman
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites applications for a tenure-track position in Digital Humanities (open rank), applied to one of the core humanistic disciplines.
The position is open to all candidates who have a Ph.D. degree or to advanced graduate students who expect to be granted their Ph.D. no later than July 1, 2019.
The Faculty of the Humanities of the Hebrew University is seeking a scholar who can lead its Digital Humanities initiative. The Faculty has made a strategic decision to consolidate and expand its existing yet disparate strengths in Digital Humanities through a hire of an exceptional scholar with a proven record of employing innovative Digital Humanities methodologies and a commitment to the Digital Humanities project broadly conceived. Priority will be given to scholars with a research focus in core Humanities disciplines. The appointment will be made in the relevant disciplinary department(s).
Responsibilities include the teaching of required and elective courses in the candidate's disciplinary field of specialization (at undergraduate and graduate levels), as well as the development of broad cross-disciplinary courses in the methodology and practice of Digital Humanities. The successful candidate is expected to display a broad knowledge of Digital Humanities, a commitment to building up Digital Humanities capabilities at the Hebrew University, and a passion for propagating their potential and skills to other faculty members and students – including in the form of workshops, conferences and national and international collaborations. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to conduct independent and original research on the highest academic level, demonstrate academic leadership, and compete for Israeli and international research grants.
The Hebrew University's main language of instruction is Hebrew. Nonetheless, the possibility of teaching one or more graduate courses in English may be entertained. Candidates whose Hebrew proficiency is such that they would not be comfortable teaching in Hebrew will be encouraged to master the Hebrew language sufficiently during the initial years following their appointment.
Qualified candidates will be invited for a campus visit, which will include a job talk, and an interview.
For additional information, please contact the chair of the search committee, Dr. Eitan Grossman, at: eitan.grossman at mail.huji.ac.il
Candidates are requested to apply in writing to: Professor Dror Wahrman, Dean of the Faculty of Humanit
Applicants should provide:
(1) *Cover letter*
(2) *Confirmation of receipt of degree*
(3) *Curriculum Vitae* (Please use – CV form <https://hum.huji.ac.il/sites/default/files/hum/files/cv_form.doc>)
(4) *Current list of publications* (Please use - List of Publication form <https://hum.huji.ac.il/sites/default/files/hum/files/list_of_publications_1.doc> )
(5) *2-3 page statement of research plans + a statement of teaching plans*
(6) *Teaching evaluations* (from the past three years)
(7) *Two **representative publications*
(8) Letters of recommendation up to *three** referees* sent directly by the recommender
(9) *Relatives Declaration* (click here <https://hum.huji.ac.il/sites/default/files/hum/files/tvps_qrvby_mshpkhh-nglyt_1.pdf>)
*Complete applications must be submitted by 13 September 2018*
*Applications can be submitted at:*
For additional information please contact the Office of Academic Personnel at
mayabe at savion.huji.ac.il
Rank to be determined according to the candidate's qualifications
Applications submitted not in accordance with these specifications will not be considered.
This announcement is not an obligation to accept candidates in any or all fields.
- The Hebrew University is an equal opportunity employer -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6421 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180729/faab6a7f/attachment.txt>