[Corpora-List] Call for participation: FoTran2018, September 28, Helsinki

Tiedemann, Jörg jorg.tiedemann at helsinki.fi
Fri Jul 20 21:08:41 CEST 2018

FoTran 2018: Found in translation The first workshop on representation learning from multilingual data

Date: September 28, 2018 Place: University of Helsinki Website: https://blogs.helsinki.fi/language-technology/fotran-2018/

Participation is free of charge (space limits may apply) but requires registration: https://goo.gl/forms/NkV3zRkQr0qRabKp1

The program features invited talks by:

* Kyunghyun Cho, NYU, New York * Waleed Ammar, Allen Institute for AI * André Martins, Unbabel, Lisbon * Ivan Vulić, University of Cambridge * Željko Agić, IT University of Copenhagen

The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers that are interested in learning meaning representations from natural languages using multilingual data sets. The main focus is on the use of translations as “semantic mirrors”, allowing to infer meaning from translational grounding. With this, FoTran 2018 also constitutes the start of an ERC project with the same name (https://blogs.helsinki.fi/found-in-translation/) and we hope that this event will set up a growing network that we will make use of during the project. Topics of special interest of this kickoff-event are not restricted to the objectives of the ERC project but include:

* sentence representation learning in general * multilingual neural machine translation * cross-lingual NLP and transfer models * approaches to natural language inference * interpretation and analyses of neural networks used for NLP

We invite participants to present their own work as short presentations or posters and we encourage the re-use of talks and posters from previous events. There is no call for papers nor any proceedings but we would like to publish presentations on-line (slides, posters, abstracts or similar) on the workshop website after the event if the speakers agree.

Local Organisation Team

Jörg Tiedemann Hande Celikkanat Raul Vazquez

Acknowledgments

The event is funded by FoTran, an ERC grant from the European Union's Research Framework Programme, Horizon 2020. The workshop is also supported by the Faculty of Arts in Helsinki. Thank you!

******************************************************************************************** Jörg Tiedemann Language Technology https://blogs.helsinki.fi/language-technology/ University of Helsinki https://blogs.helsinki.fi/found-in-translation/

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5558 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180720/6bf2ad2a/attachment.txt>