[Corpora-List] Interesting Corpus analysis tools & specific corpora

Maria Gavriilidou maria at ilsp.gr
Thu Jul 19 18:16:15 CEST 2018

Dear Irina,

you could try clarin:el (www.clarin.gr/en), the Greek infrastructure for language resources and related tools offered as web services (part of the CLARIN network <http://www.clarin.eu/> ).

In clarin:el the users can select resources (monolingual Greek or multilingual parallel corpora containing Greek) from the inventory or upload their own resources to process using the tools offered by the infrastructure.

best regards,

Maria

Maria Gavriilidou

ILSP/R.C. 'Athena'

Epidavrou & Artemidos 6

GR-15125 Marousi

Athens

Greece

Tel.: +30 210 6875441

Email: maria at ilsp.athena-innovation.gr <mailto:maria at ilsp.athena-innovation.gr>

From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no] On Behalf Of Adam Ek Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:38 PM To: Irina Temnikova; CORPORA UIB Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] Interesting Corpus analysis tools & specific corpora

You might find språkbanken (https://spraakbanken.gu.se/korp/) useful. The tool contains various Swedish corpora and a sophisticated search interface. The site also has an English version which can be accessed in the top right corner.

Adam

________________________________

From: corpora-bounces at uib.no <corpora-bounces at uib.no> on behalf of Irina Temnikova <irina.temnikova at gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:55:04 PM To: corpora at uib.no Subject: [Corpora-List] Interesting Corpus analysis tools & specific corpora

Hi all!

I am trying to update a group of (not computational) linguists about the currently _accessible corpora_ and working _corpus analysis tools_.

I am aware of the most famous tools and multilingual/English corpora.

*I would be extremely thankful if somebody could point me towards the following:*

1. I am interested in any corpus analysis tools, which are usable by linguists and

are **different** from the usual concordances, keywords/terms extractors, and collocations, i.e. different from:

AntConc, WordSmith tools, SketchEngine (although it is amazingly great! :) ), LIWC, no NLTK -- too complex for my audience ;).

It would be nice if the tools offer some syntactic analysis, for example.

*It would be better if the tools could be used with the user's own corpora*, and if they are easy to use.

2. I am interested in corpora with texts in the following languages (especially learners' corpora, social media corpora, parallel corpora):

Italian - especially medieval historical

Norwegian

Swedish

French, specifically social media (e.g. tweets), dialogues between foreigners

Spanish tourism

Modern Greek

Swahili

Afrikaans

Thank you very much in advance!

Irina Temnikova

--

Irina P. Temnikova, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.

Lecturer & Computational Linguistics Researcher

Sofia University (past Qatar Computing Research Institute & Bulgarian Academy of Sciences)

https://scholar.google.bg/citations?user=7BcpifAAAAAJ&hl=en

Woke up

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 18296 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180719/3e63d3b5/attachment.txt>