[Corpora-List] Interesting Corpus analysis tools & specific corpora

Irina Temnikova irina.temnikova at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:55:04 CEST 2018

*Hi all!*

*I am trying to update a group of (not computational) linguists about the currently _accessible corpora_ and working _corpus analysis tools_.*

*I am aware of the most famous tools and multilingual/English corpora.*

**I would be extremely thankful if somebody could point me towards the following:**

*1. I am interested in any corpus analysis tools, which are usable by linguists and *

*are** **different** from the usual concordances, keywords/terms extractors, and collocations, i.e. different from:*

*AntConc, WordSmith tools, SketchEngine (although it is amazingly great! :) ), LIWC, no NLTK -- too complex for my audience ;).*

*It would be nice if the tools offer some syntactic analysis, for example.*

**It would be better if the tools could be used with the user’s own corpora*, and if they are easy to use.*

*2. I am interested in corpora with texts in the following languages (especially learners’ corpora, social media corpora, parallel corpora):*

*Italian - especially medieval historical*

*Norwegian*

*Swedish*

*French, specifically social media (e.g. tweets), dialogues between foreigners*

*Spanish tourism*

*Modern Greek*

*Swahili*

*Afrikaans*

Thank you very much in advance!

Irina Temnikova

-- *Irina P. Temnikova, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.*

*Lecturer & Computational Linguistics Researcher*

Sofia University (past Qatar Computing Research Institute & Bulgarian Academy of Sciences)

*https://scholar.google.bg/citations?user=7BcpifAAAAAJ&hl=en <https://scholar.google.bg/citations?user=7BcpifAAAAAJ&hl=en>* ------------------------------- --------------------------------

-----

*Woke up* -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 8706 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180718/c9e78ee1/attachment.txt>