[Corpora-List] Final CfP: 2018 Babel Young Writers' Competition

Tristan Miller miller at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 18 14:59:42 CEST 2018

Dear all,

Below is the final call for submissions to our magazine's annual contest for student writers. Contributions from undergraduate students of computational linguistics are most welcome.

Sincerely, Tristan Miller Babel Advisory Panel

-------------

This year, Babel: The Language Magazine <http://babelzine.com/> will be running the fifth edition of our Young Writers' Competition, which encourages young linguists starting out on their study of language. We will be publishing two articles, one by a 16–18-year-old writer and one by an undergraduate student. Both articles will appear in Babel № 25, published November 2018. If you are a keen Babel reader or language lover, get writing to be in with a chance to get yourself published – as well as a free subscription to Babel!

Visit <http://babelzine.com/events.html> to get inspiration from previous winners on topics ranging from sign language to spoonerisms, and from Romansch to Konglish.

The winners will be announced in October 2018. Good luck!

Guidelines ----------

Deadline: Friday 24 August 2018

Length: Entries must be no more than 2,500 words.

Topic: Entries can deal with any topic relating to languages and linguistics – the important thing is that it is interesting and accessible for readers.

Format: Entries should be clearly presented in a Word file, with images submitted as separate JPEGs (or similar).

Submission: Entries should be emailed to editors at babelzine.com with the title "16–18 Competition" or "Undergraduate Competition".

16–18 Competition entrants must provide details of their institution and a teacher.

Undergraduate Competition winners must submit their entries from their university email address and must provide contact details of a teacher.

-- Tristan Miller, Research Scientist Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA) Department of Computer Science, Technische Universitšt Darmstadt Tel: +49 6151 162 5296 | Web: https://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: signature.asc Type: application/pgp-signature Size: 833 bytes Desc: OpenPGP digital signature URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180718/86b5a60a/attachment.sig>