[Corpora-List] Postdoctoral positions available at CNRS / Lattice (France) / NLP for DH

Thierry Poibeau thierry.poibeau at ens.fr
Thu Jul 12 10:07:15 CEST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

CNRS proposes one postdoctoral position in Digital Humanities and one in AI methods applied to any domain of the Humanities. Positions are for two years, beginning this autumn, in a CNRS research unit (in France) and are paid 2600-3000 euros (gross salary, net salary should be around 2000 euros). French is not mandatory but a good command of both French and English would be a plus.

The potential candidates must have defended their PhD after 2013, and must propose a 5 page long research project for one of the advertised positions.

Lattice (http://lattice.cnrs.fr <http://lattice.cnrs.fr/>) is a CNRS research unit located in Paris within the Ecole normale supérieure (https://www.ens.fr <https://www.ens.fr/>), and specialized in linguistics, natural language processing and digital humanities (see http://lattice.cnrs.fr/Digital-Humanities-at-LATTICE <http://lattice.cnrs.fr/Digital-Humanities-at-LATTICE>). We are especially interested in natural language processing methods applied to large collections of texts (literary texts, but also social sciences or newspapers). The lab has access to large collections of literary texts and we are especially interesting in the study of the evolution of different concepts in the literature over time. We are also interested in phenomena that are both computationally challenging (like recognizing metaphors in texts) and scholarly relevant.

See the description of the different positions here: http://www.cnrs.fr/inshs/recherche/docs-actualites/aac-postdocsshs2018.pdf <http://www.cnrs.fr/inshs/recherche/docs-actualites/aac-postdocsshs2018.pdf>

Potential candidates should contact me to get more information and discuss their research project before July 15th, if they want to apply at Lattice.

All the best,

Thierry Poibeau thierry.poibeau at ens.fr <mailto:thierry.poibeau at ens.fr> http://lattice.cnrs.fr/Thierry-Poibeau <http://lattice.cnrs.fr/Thierry-Poibeau>

http://lattice.cnrs.fr/Digital-Humanities-at-LATTICE <http://lattice.cnrs.fr/Digital-Humanities-at-LATTICE> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2728 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180712/5c0f3cbe/attachment.txt>