[Corpora-List] Question: getting agentive noun from verb automatically

Orest Xherija orest.xherija at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 5 20:36:32 CEST 2018

Hello all,

I am trying to get in some automated fashion the agentive noun of a given verb. For instance

buy -> buyer sell -> seller invest -> investor

and so on. I was wondering whether there is some resource that contains a mapping of verbs to their agentive nouns. I have looked around a bit in traditional resources like WordNet, VerbNet etc. but have not had any luck yet.

All suggestions are immensely appreciated.

-- Orest Xherija -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1895 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20180705/2a093310/attachment.txt>