[Corpora-List] Job Opening at Grammarly: Senior Analytical Linguist

Joel Tetreault tetreaul at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:34:30 CET 2018

Grammarly is offering a full-time position as a Senior Analytical Linguist <https://www.grammarly.com/jobs/engineering/senior-analytical-linguist?gh_jid=950844> in its NYC office.

The opportunity

At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives. We also know that we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered communication assistant—to help the world’s 2 billion English speakers feel heard. So far, we’ve created a product that reaches 10 million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.

The team

We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Analytical Linguist to build and lead a team of linguists. At Grammarly, we use a combination of machine learning, deep learning, and pattern-based methods to drive our high-quality writing feedback. Linguists are essential to improving the quality of our checks, developing training and evaluation sets for our statistical approaches, and conducting user experiments. The team you assemble will be the first of its kind at Grammarly and is critical to driving our data-driven approaches.

At Grammarly, our impact comes from a strong culture with highly engaged, highly motivated team members. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles. We’re a passionate, growing team on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. If you’re up for the challenge, we would love to meet you!

Your impact

* Build and lead a team of analytical linguists who will support our NLP research and product teams. * Develop long-term strategy and processes for our data and annotation needs. * Work with product teams to improve the feedback we provide to our users. * Create the best experience for our growing base of Grammarly users.

This is the right opportunity for you if

* You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable). * You have a Ph.D. in linguistics and at least three years of industry experience as an analytical linguist or in a closely related field, or a master’s in linguistics with at least five years of industry experience. * You are a strong, collaborative leader who can build a team of linguists devoted to annotation, evaluation, and data quality. * You have experience with research processes, qualitative and quantitative analyses, and experimental design. * You have experience with scripting languages (preferably Python) in a Linux environment. * You are able to speak and write English fluently and have a nuanced grasp of English communication and grammar.

To apply, go to this URL: https://www.grammarly.com/jobs/engineering/senior-analytical-linguist?gh_jid=950844 -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 4266 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20180220/46812ea3/attachment.txt>