[Corpora-List] Job: front-end and back-end developers at Chenope

Katya Saint-Amand ksaintamand at chenope.com
Thu Feb 15 22:10:21 CET 2018

We invite applications for front-end and back-end developers at Chenope, preferrably in Edinburgh or California.

About us:

Chenope is a bootstrap, or self-funded start-up, that creates pioneering analytics technology for predicting outcomes related to any kind of organization, including but not limited to:

  - Social Network Analysis;

  - Opinion Mining;

 - Text and Image Analytics;

 - Information Retrieval;

 - Influence detection

Our technology has been proven in complex mission-critical organizational data analysis scenarios with organizations as diverse as Fortune 1000 companies and violent street gangs. Chenope was founded by an experienced team who had previously achieved success bootstrapping a startup, and already boasts a partnership with a multi-billion dollar company and a sweeping patent that was granted in its entirety. We are a cross-Atlantic startup; most of our team is in Edinburgh, or in the San Francisco area.   We're still fairly early stage, which means that each person has a lot of responsibility and a lot of room to grow.

If you want to join a startup with technology that is good enough that customers are willing to pay for it, work on interesting problems, and learn what it takes to build a real business, we could be a great place for you.  There are not many like us.

We are currently looking for both front-end and back-end developers. We will consider both full-time and part-time applications. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, EU, or US - no exceptions unfortunately.

Front-end or Full-Stack Developer:

- Experience developing complex web apps that have been used in a commercial setting.

- Experience with visualizations is a plus, as is experience with React and other similar Javascript frameworks - we're agnostic as to which one.

- Experience with user interface design likewise.

- An interest in analytics is helpful.

Back-end developer - Algorithms:

- Must have strong background in Information Retrieval, NLP, or a similar discipline, or a strong math and algorithms background.

- You must be able to implement the tools as well as develop the underlying algorithms for this work, including the construction and manipulation of large graphs and hypergraphs.

- Strongly prefer someone having worked on high-value Information Retrival, Social Network Analysis, or Data Mining problems and who has the proven capability to do original work.

- Excellent knowledge of Java preferred.

- Any kind of degree or background okay - our interest is solely in your capacity to do the work.

Prior startup experience preferred, but is not required.   To apply, please send your resume with at least a brief cover letter to work at chenope.com. Or if you have informal enquiries, do not hesitate to get in touch.

-- Katya Saint-Amand, PhD Senior Linguist, Chenope Ltd ksaintamand at chenope.com www.chenope.com