[Corpora-List] HurtLex 1.0 release

Valerio Basile basile at di.unito.it
Thu Dec 20 21:22:41 CET 2018

We are proud to announce the first version of HurtLex, freely available at http://hatespeech.di.unito.it/resources.html and developed by the Hate Speech Monitoring Group at the University of Turin. HurtLex is a multilingual lexicon of hateful and offensive words, inspired by the work of Tullio de Mauro, divided in 17 categories such as professions, moral sins, body parts, ... For each of its 53 languages, HurtLex provides a conservative lexicon and an inclusive lexicon (larger, but potentially less accurate). The details about how HurtLex was created are in the paper:

Hurtlex: A Multilingual Lexicon of Words to Hurt Elisa Bassignana, Valerio Basile, Viviana Patti http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2253/paper49.pdf

HurtLex has been successfully employed to produce high-ranking systems at shared tasks such as Automatic Misogyny Identification in English (SemEval, 1st place), Spanish (SemEval, 1st place) and Italian (EVALITA, 2nd place). We are happy to share it with the community and answer to any question. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1295 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20181220/25ddab9f/attachment.txt>